ID:275013

Chatterz by Light_Samurai
Come On....Host Or Join... Build, Chat, Play Music And Show Off Your Icons Its All Here!

It's another caht and build rip that should get its name changed. There already is a chatterz but that one is better.
No, the original. and far better version is actually called Chatters!
We know about this because the maker of that has joined Chatters a few times and advertised his Chatterz. Thus we booted him. He also added me to his pager and i have to endure his pager alls. So my advise is ignore it and eventually it will go away >:D
I have trouble comprehending the fact people would make/play such games in the first place. They would probably take an intermediate programmer about 10 minutes to complete the coding part of it, and probably an extra 10 to put in the RPGMaker ripped icons into it. I mean, there is no advanced chatting verbs in them and all they gotta do for the "building" part is var/T = new /turf/Blah(src.loc), define density and opacity, or put a src.icon_state (or icon) = "Blah"... They are like games that cannot be played.
In response to Maz
k There are only a few games i don't like (zeta, and icon building chat games). I think people should try to make thier own game. But when you look at it the newbies are coming in by mass numbers. So is this BYOND's fate
-Games Live! ZETAOMEGAHYPERACTIVEGOKUTAKESACRAP!- (I have nothing against Raekwon. It's just that these people take his stuff and call it their own.)
In response to THE Brama Bull
Ok, look, no one on byond actually has ripped anything of raekwons. The version of zeta that was leaked was the original game, made by Dracon, not raekwon.
In response to THE Brama Bull
The main reason Chat building games are so populer is because people can get Administrative status in less then 10-20 minutes of playing and this somehow makes the game more enjoyable for them, cant see how though.
In response to Kunark
Kunark wrote:
I have trouble comprehending the fact people would make/play such games in the first place.

Xooxer's Chatters is actually pretty sophisticated. Once he's back online, it's going to be the basis for the BYONDscape chat world, where we'll have seminars and interviews and stuff.
In response to Gughunter
True, but this is about Light_Samurai's Chatterz.. with a 'z'. I believe it's one of those silly icon-trading games.

-AbyssDragon
In response to AbyssDragon
AbyssDragon wrote:
True, but this is about Light_Samurai's Chatterz.. with a 'z'. I believe it's one of those silly icon-trading games.

Yeah, I know -- I just didn't want to leave any misconceptions about the future (assuming Xooxer returns!) engine of the BYONDscape Athenaeum. :)
In response to Gughunter
I saw Xooxers... It I don't include it with the rest because from what I saw, it had some very advanced commands.
In response to Kunark
It's also the commands that Chatters doesn't have that makes it good. Like the useless build verb, or the generic spam, er, say verb.
In response to OneFishDown
exactly
In response to OneFishDown
Its also a chat place, not a chat room, you can make your own rooms.
Theres no map, but it was once on the agenda i think it has now been removed due to a certain person we shall call Bob.
In response to Maz
Maz wrote:
No, the original. and far better version is actually called Chatters!

Funny, becuase I was originally going to call it Chatterz, but I figured the z at the end would make it seem a bit unprofessional, so I changed it. How is it holding up, anyways? Is it getting a lot of traffic? Any major issues? Just curious.

~X
In response to Xooxer
Great, its up now. the perm server started up yesterday and we seem to be having no problems atall. btw digi sent off my cd today! w00t
In response to Xooxer
Xooxer wrote:
How is it holding up, anyways? Is it getting a lot of traffic? Any major issues? Just curious.

~X

Waiting for you to come online and check it out! byond://digitalbyond.dyndns.org:3002

And my email of last week was about getting a license or copy of the source to do some tweaking of Chatters, and as a basis of learning DM programming. That was in the event of you not being able to come back anytime soon. If you are 'back' then I retract my request.

The perm server seems to running great - both HrH and Chatters run side-by-side on an old Petium-MMX 200Mhz machine with no noticeable lag when there are a dozen people in each program online simultaneously - an exception is during the morning antivirus scans, which do take up some processing power. No crashes yet, but a few 'cannot read null blah-blah' when an OP tries to do something to someone who just logged out.

I have FTP access ready for you when you email me with your latest email account, so that you can modify Chatters remotely...
In response to Jotdaniel
< Damn. You weren't supposed to tell him that.

:: runs away screaming ::