ID:275051

It is official, America is going to war with Iraq. Febuaray 5th a new D-Day. What do you think we should do, go to war or peace?
I say let God sort it out.
In response to Foomer
We cannot rely on God to sort things out. Man made this problem and man has to fix it.
In response to THE Brama Bull
Wait, we are definetly going to war February 5th, or is that an asumption (however you spell it) you made?
Wasnt d-day when it was obvious who was going to win the war?
Iraq really poses no threat to U.S.A, besides nukes. Of course, we got more then they do >=D. So if they nuke, we nuke them off the earth.
In response to Foomer
Well, hello, Tris... Errr... Foomer...
Did you ever hear the story about Noah's ark?
In response to SSChicken
From what I heard Febuary 5th is the day of war (if not please correct me). And another thing, would you guys fight in the war or go to Canada. I would fight for my country there's no chickening out in times like this.
In response to Asguard
Asguard wrote:
Iraq really poses no threat to U.S.A, besides nukes. Of course, we got more then they do >=D. So if they nuke, we nuke them off the earth.

Oh yeah. How much fun. If they fire nukes at the US, it isn't a problem at all, because we will just fire more back at them.

Personally, I'd rather have both myself and Iraq intact, rather than being nuked, but being assured that my murderer is also being nuked. Mayby it's just me.
I believe February 5 is the day that the U.S. presents its latest case to the Untied Nations. March 4 is more likely for commencement of attacks.
THE Brama Bull wrote:
It is official, America is going to war with Iraq. Febuaray 5th a new D-Day. What do you think we should do, go to war or peace?

I think a debate thread on this is pointless and likely to get flamey, or at least quite heated as others have in the past.

I am curious however where your "official" news comes from, since I see no mention of it anywhere. The last time I checked, the original running estimate in the blogosphere was January 31 - February 2, and now it's been revised upward from Valentine's Day all the way to March 4. February 5 is, as far as I know, only the date of Powell's speech to the UN. It's unlikely to my mind that the war will start just then.

Lummox JR
In response to Asguard
United States has 10 million people killed and Iraq has...all of it's people killed. That doesn't sound very nice...
:(

-Dagolar
In response to Asguard
Asguard wrote:

"Deys alot of dem, but dey mo' of us"
Thank you for correcting me. Febuary 5th is the day the United States goes to the U.N. and tries to get the U.N. to back us up if we go to Iraq. Whether or not President Dubya Bush is probably going to choose to go to war even if the U.N. doesn't back us up. Is that good?
THE Brama Bull wrote:
Whether or not President Dubya Bush is probably going to choose to go to war even if the U.N. doesn't back us up. Is that good?

It could be good, if he follows through and puts Saddam's head on a pole outside Baghdad. That would probably mean fewer punctured eyeballs and electrified testicles for the Iraqi people.
THE Brama Bull wrote:
From what I heard Febuary 5th is the day of war (if not please correct me). And another thing, would you guys fight in the war or go to Canada. I would fight for my country there's no chickening out in times like this.

Go to canada?! We dont want you!
THE Brama Bull wrote:

Unless the draft is reinstated, there's no need for American pacifists to go to Canada. Though they'd probably feel more comfortable there anyway. :)

As for me, I actually tried to enlist in the Air Force several years ago, but I didn't qualify because of my checkered past. Uncle Sam had his chance and blew it!
In response to Gughunter
even if there is a draft, Pacifists arent required to go.

The way I see it, a country isnt worth fighting for. Its a temporary lifestyle and a temporary order.

The world, and technology will go on, they arent reliant on any specific country.. Life goes on and nothing is worth war.
In response to Dareb
That is a good attitude Dareb. Too bad it's not shared more. ;[

-Dagolar
Page: 1 2 3