In response to Jacro
Oh sure we do. Bring your money, though...heh. j/k

-Dagolar
In response to Dareb
Dareb wrote:
even if there is a draft, Pacifists arent required to go.

I could be out of date on this, but I believe pacifists who are called up for the draft can be put in non-combat positions (e.g., medics) -- but they don't get a free pass.

The world, and technology will go on, they arent reliant on any specific country.. Life goes on and nothing is worth war.

That's a lofty-sounding principle, but in practice it puts you at the mercy of any random tyrant who is willing to use violence to obtain something from you.
In response to Gughunter
He's right. There will probably always be at least one person somwhere in power who's got that tyrranic state of mind.

-Dagolar
In response to Gughunter
and vice versa
In response to Dago
I like america and all other countries equally, its the people inside those countries that take things too far..

Favlour is good, options are too. this worlds big enough for all of us and all thats needed is that we work together or else die together.
In response to Alathon
Alathon wrote:
Asguard wrote:
Iraq really poses no threat to U.S.A, besides nukes. Of course, we got more then they do >=D. So if they nuke, we nuke them off the earth.

Oh yeah. How much fun. If they fire nukes at the US, it isn't a problem at all, because we will just fire more back at them.

Iraq poses an indirect threat to the United States. They could supply the so called "terrorists" with weapons of mass destruction. From what I gather on CNN Iraq currently doesn't have nuclear capabilities but they were/are working on it. I would expect a chemical or biological attack from some "terrorists" before I'd even consider an ICBM attack from Iraq, now North Korea, that is a entirely different story. So I don't think that Iraq will be firing any "nukes" at the United States.

If we were to "nuke them off the earth" that would screw us over as well. The problem with nuclear weapons and the general public (which is sadly comprised mostly of morons)is that all they think of is the initial blast, sure that is one of the most satisfying explosions around but then you get the fallout and all of the pain and suffering involved with radiation posioning, the altered climate, etc. I am not sure if the fallout would reach the United States, but it would most assuredly cover a vast region of the world, and that would affect us in more ways than one.

Das Falke
In response to Foomer
Oh sure, like that will happen!
In response to Dareb
Dareb wrote:
and vice versa

Do you mean to say that being a rapacious tyrant puts you at the mercy of people who will do nothing to resist you?

Actually, there may be something to that.
THE Brama Bull wrote:
It is official, America is going to war with Iraq. Febuaray 5th a new D-Day. What do you think we should do, go to war or peace?

At this point, I think peace is no longer a viable option. At the start of all this, I don't think Iraq was that much of a priority--it's a nasty enough regime that a war would be justified, but I don't think it likely that bearing down on Iraq was necessary and that any harm would result from our not having bore down on it. However, when the president goes and talks for months on end about how important it is to go to war with Iraq, it has a way of making it become a priority--if we back down now, then that means that all we accomplish is annoying our allies and showing our enemies that we're spineless.

There is, of course, the possibility that Saddam willingly disarms Iraq and deposes himself, but short of that... no.
In response to Jacro
From what I heard Febuary 5th is the day of war (if not please correct me). And another thing, would you guys fight in the war or go to Canada. I would fight for my country there's no chickening out in times like this.

AHEM!!!!!
In response to Gughunter
they already had support except from the french prime minister/president thing is the only one that doesnt agree with bush, and thats because france is ultra liberal
In response to Neptunes
Neptunes wrote:
they already had support except from the french prime minister/president thing is the only one that doesnt agree with bush, and thats because france is ultra liberal

Germaany and Russia are also saying this is not a good idea - and justifyibly so. The only reason to go there is to kick out Saddam and take control over the stretch on Iraq land where an oil pipeline is expected to run - purely an economical war.
In response to digitalmouse
Germaany and Russia are also saying this is not a good idea - and justifyibly so. The only reason to go there is to kick out Saddam and take control over the stretch on Iraq land where an oil pipeline is expected to run - purely an economical war.

At least that's the view advanced by Der Spiegel, that bastion of coolly objective reportage. I must confess that I don't read it. (Though my Latin teacher in high school had lots of copies of Der Spiegel, and every now and then it was possible to find topless women in it.)
Blow the (blank) outta them and watch them painfully burn. or we could drop teh a-bomb, giving them all immense ammounts of cancer and watch them die painfully slow
In response to Airjoe
I hope you are joking.
If you had to go to Iraq and fight would you?
In response to Gughunter
Gughunter wrote:
Dareb wrote:
even if there is a draft, Pacifists arent required to go.

I could be out of date on this, but I believe pacifists who are called up for the draft can be put in non-combat positions (e.g., medics) -- but they don't get a free pass.

If you can show a religious reason for pacifism, you don't have to go. This is actually pretty hard to do, as they don't allow philosophical reasons (as in, I'm an agnostic, but I don't believe in war--I'd still have to go), and they have to verify that your religion is pacifistic. I seem to recall Mohammed Ali claiming Islam as pacifist and being denied.

-AbyssDragon
Kinda funny. Revolutionary War, we FIGHT Britain for our land, and then they back us up in a lot of wars to come after that, or visversa.
The date we go in for help from the U.N. is probaly fact, but the day we go in? I seriously doubt(VERY SERIOUSLY) that anyone here would know the date the insertment of troops would start.
In response to DasFalke
Das Falke. I like your standing on this. That's damn cool and I back it all the way. Every word.

-Dagolar
Page: 1 2 3