ID:275247

Well, I'm plagued with a decision and I need another party to help me make a final decision. Which game console should I get GameCube, X-Box, or PS2? I'm leaning more towards X-Box, but my little brother wants a GameCube so he can play RPG type games. Are their any RPG games for X-Box ? Thanks.

Ðatacon
X-Box is basically a computer in a consoleish box with controllers. It even runs a version of the Win2k kernel for crying out loud! I'd suggest either Gamecube or PS2.
PS2
PSII

Airjoe
In response to Airjoe
PS2 for life, or at least till PS3 comes out!
I'd say get an XBox. I'd say this year is the year for XBox. Some of the games I'm looking forward to are: Halo 2, Half-Life 2, Morrowind: Game of the Year Edition, and a newly improved "Vice City" (They dropped the name "Grand Theft Auto" to the XBox version because "Grand Theft Auto" is exclusive to PS2. "Vice City" is supposed to have online updates and better graphics).

So that's my opinion. Of course, there will be more pretty cool games out this year for XBox. I just named a few off the top of my head.

-Chris
In response to Jon88
The dreamcast ran a modified version of windows CE(a palmpilot OS if im not mistaken).
In response to Dracon
...Counterstrike on Xbox Live >:)
If you are going more for an RPGish based console, then the PS2 and the GameCube are your best choices.

Although, the PS2 actually has more RPG based games than the other consoles.

I would suggest a PS2 myself, if you're going for the RPG based game way... Other than that, it has more of a wide variation of games to choose from.

PS2 in general has the largest list for games, but as I will say again; the choice really is yours. As for you Dracon, I know that the XBox has a lot of really well made games coming out soon, but the games you are after are not what he is really after, they're more based on first-person shooters than the RPG-style.

In my oppinion, the year for any console is every year, dependant on the users view of their console.

Hope you get the right machine to run in the end, Data-Con!

--Lee
X-box, all the way.
In response to Maz
Bah, what are you doing in Mexico? Say hi to my gramps.
Well if your looking for a great RPG, I'd say you fork over 20 bucks with your X-box and get Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind.. Definantly an RPG'ers fantasy.. Of course if you wanted to wait, you can pay 50 dollars for the new Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind Game of the Year Edition.. which has all of computer versions updates and expansion packs ^^
I'd say your best choice is PS2, don't get me wrong though I'm a big Xbox fan. The only good RPG for Xbox was Morrowind, but it had some severe bugs(in my opinion) that would give you DDE's and possibly delete your save in the procces. I can't say anything about the Gamecube because I don't have one. The PS2 on the other hand has the biggest selection of games, which is good if you want to keep a wider range of people happy. It all boils down to the games though so I suggest you and your brother look online and see which system has the most games that either of you would like.

p.s. Dracon if you have a link to something confirming "Vice City" I'd appreciate you sharing it. I've heard about it, but I just can't believe Rockstar would be able to get away with something like that. :)
I say X-box! They have really fun and long RPGs two so far, Morrowing and Star Wars: Knights of the Old Rebublic. Dont think just cause all the other Star Wars games suck this one is actually addictive and fun! And this really good game Fable is coming out and you start as a little boy and you grow up being bad or good being a kidnapper or a houserobber. You can do anything and when you get older even start a family! I cant wait for Fable to come out!
In response to Koolguy900095
Only a couple of the star wars games suck(mostly console games, the clone wars and battle for naboo come to mind). Lots of the pc games are good, all of the dark forces line is good(with a 4th title coming out soon). Jedi Outcast is an awsome fps based off the Q3 engine.
In response to Jotdaniel
I played a star wars games for Nintendo 64 and then I quit there. Knight of the Old Republic is the only other one i've played and Im glad I got it!
In response to Koolguy900095
In response to Mellifluous
I like RPG's, but that's all my brother plays them way more than I do. I would prefer shooters like Splinter Cell, Hitman 2, or ViceCity over RPG's. My brother does like Halo so I guess we'll be getting X-box =P

Ðatacon
In response to digitalmouse
Dammit who cares? This was a reply talking about the two RPGs for Xbox and the one coming out...There's no need for you stupid linux and dreamcast BS...
GC all the way :D
Page: 1 2