ID:275339

Has anyone played Halo for PC yet. That is one fun ass game. Too bad the sound on my computer is broken :( It's still fun though. I'm Sticky_Cron if anyone is in there.
Yup. I preordered it, and it is awesome! The one player is fun, and the multipalyer can support 16 people, and that makes it really hectic when your playing on small maps
Ok. Imagine the PC version of Halo that you just got done playing. Now imagine it on a big screen T.V. with friends 7 friends from school, 3 on your team and the other 4 in the other bedroom on the other tv. Massive Halo wars on big screens, and you dont get lag from running other computer programs. What is this miracle you say? Well my friend, it is Halo for xbox, which has been around much longer than the PC version. Congratulations on entering the world of Halo-ness. But ya should have waited until Halo 2 came out, since it'll be online also like the PC version. The only good thing the PC version is for if you dont have an Xbox or If you haven't played the xbox version and dont know about the better speeds :P My friend also purchased the PC version...but it lags since the computer also has to run other programs, windows being a big one. Purchase Halo2! Or at least reserve your copy today!
In response to FenrirXIII
The only good thing the PC version is for if you dont have an Xbox or If you haven't played the xbox version and dont know about the better speeds :P. My friend also purchased the PC version...but it lags since the computer also has to run other programs, windows being a big one. Purchase Halo2! Or at least reserve your copy today!

Even with windows running in the background my computer could probably easily handle Halo with all the settings at max(something you probably can't even play with on the console version!), so I could get higher resolution, have a wider range of input devices, and have more options for tweaking graphic settings. If I really wanted to use a big screen my video card supports sending the video out to a TV screen. I can have everything the XBox Halo has and more. Point being is if you have a decent computer there is no point in bothering with a console version of a game if a PC one exists.

Besides Half-life is a much better first person shooter just because it's a lot easier to Mod and there are tons of mods already for it.
In response to FenrirXIII
I don't have an Xbox so PC version is fine. And anyways I didn't pay a dime for it ;) Can't argue with a free game.
In response to Magnus VI
fenrir's you obviously were dropped on your head way to much as a child. Besides the fact that most peoples friends wont even come over to play halo on two "big screen tvs", most dont even have enough. Second, halo for the PC is much better if you don't have the MONEY to buy a decent TV. Third, it has online capabilites, new maps, new weapons, etc...AND the graphics are way better ^^;
In response to Karasu Kami
Internet games are generally MUCH better than same-screen split screens. Why you say? Stealth. Over the internet (or even better a lan) it's somewhat easier to surprise your opponent. =]
Annnyway when is Halo 2 supposed to be out?
In response to Exadv1
Exadv1 wrote:
Internet games are generally MUCH better than same-screen split screens. Why you say? Stealth. Over the internet (or even better a lan) it's somewhat easier to surprise your opponent. =]

i agree, lan parties are very, very fun. Specially when you can hit the person that killed you...