ID:275349

Well, my birthday is coming up soon, and I was wondering what Gamecube games are worth my money. I have a moderate amount of money to spend. I figured I would come to the forum because a lot of people are video-game players. And please, don't go off subject because I have Gamecube, I want game suggestions, not console suggestions.
Well, my birthday is coming up soon, and I was wondering what Gamecube games are worth my money. I have a moderate amount of money to spend. I figured I would come to the forum because a lot of people are video-game players. And please, don't go off subject because I have Gamecube, I want game suggestions, not console suggestions.

If you don't have it already get Super Smash Brothers melee :). It is the best Gamecube game I've played. FZero GX is an excellent racing game and is quite challanging it's another game you should get if you're into racing games.
Metroid Prime is the only good game on Gamecube I think. Eternal Darkness and Super Smash Bros: Melee are good too. Pick up Metroid Prime though.
In response to Theodis
don't forget Wind Waker!
Wait Untill Final Fantasy Chrystal Chronicles comes out! It's the first Installment of the series on a Nintendo Console since the first FF games.
Hey, get Tpny Hawk's Underground! It's not out yet, but it looks like it's gonna rule!

(SSMB:Melee, SSX 3/or Tricky/ Soul Calibur 2 are also good!)

Tiko
If you like harvestmoon wait for Harvestmoon: A Wonderful Life to come out (I think thats its name). If you like zelda get Wind Waker that game kicks...I dont suggest getting Metroid Prime unless you have played it before and already like it, I personally hated it...
I can't stress this first one enough:

Super Smash Bros: Melee

If you get no other game, get that one... But, its true power only shines through when you have multiple friends to play 4-player games with... Singleplayer is still good, and there's plenty of stuff to keep you busy, but multiplayer is where the game really shines...

Other than that:

Star Wars: Rogue Leader (or wait until the next one comes out, "Rebel Strike")

F Zero GX (amazing game... I've been waiting for this ever since F Zero X came out...lol)

Metroid Prime

LoZ: The Wind Waker (it's a Zelda game... you have to have it...lol)

Soul Calibur 2 (I still don't have it, but it's a must)

Any of the Resident Evil titles

Enter the Matrix (awesome game...)
Metroid Prime
Super Smash Bros. Melee.

Zelda: The wind waker and Super Mario Sunshine are also pretty good, although the latter is a bit childish.
In response to Tiko
Tiko wrote:
Hey, get Tpny Hawk's Underground! It's not out yet, but it looks like it's gonna rule!

(SSMB:Melee, SSX 3/or Tricky/ Soul Calibur 2 are also good!)

Tiko

Soul Calibur 2 isnt a good game take my word I beat it in 2 hours it isnt even worth it and for whcihever of you that said F Zero GX that game isnt very exciting either. 1 other thing you should only get Wind Waker if you dont like to die I went through the whole game and didnt die once

But some good games I have would be:

Need For Speed Hot Pursuit 2
Super Smash Bros Melee
Rouge Spear:Rebel Strike sounds like it will be good

Thats really all I can think of

In response to Chance777
Soul Calibur 2 isnt a good game take my word I beat it in 2 hours it isnt even worth it and for whcihever of you that said F Zero GX that game isnt very exciting either.

Can you name a harder game cube racing game :P? Personally I thought FZero GX was very challenging.

I bought this for PC, but I went through this a lot faster than I did FZero GX.
In response to Theodis
Theodis wrote:
Soul Calibur 2 isnt a good game take my word I beat it in 2 hours it isnt even worth it and for whcihever of you that said F Zero GX that game isnt very exciting either.

Can you name a harder game cube racing game :P? Personally I thought FZero GX was very challenging.

I bought this for PC, but I went through this a lot faster than I did FZero GX.

thats the thing Need For Speed Hot Pursuit 2 is still fun even after you beat it its not like f Zero GX where ya gotta go through a whole grand prix to get a peice of [expletive deleted] racer
In response to Chance777
thats the thing Need For Speed Hot Pursuit 2 is still fun even after you beat it its not like f Zero GX where ya gotta go through a whole grand prix to get a peice of [expletive deleted] racer

There are a larger variety of tracks and cars in FZero GX that and the AI is a lot cooler and it actually feels like it's fighting for rank.

There are only a handful of tracks in Hot Pursuit 2 and they just mirror or reverse them to add variety. The AI tends to fall into the places they tend to stay in early on and don't fight too aggresivly for placeage. It only took me a few races to master the game at which it was just a matter of getting a head of the other racers and cruising to the finish. The cop AI was pretty good compared to High Stakes but it still wasn't all that challanging.

FZero GX is pretty hard and only gets a lot worse. There are a few AI racers that tend to win more often but most the racers have an even chance of winning. This means you don't have to get first in every race to get first place you can actually get pretty low on most races and still come out on top. This is great since the AI in master difficulty is just nuts and I have to execute every turn and use my turbo at the right intervals to keep up. If I screw up in the slightest I usually lose 5 places in the blink of an eye.

In short I found FZero GX to be a much more challanging game and much more rewarding than Hot Pursuit 2. Hot Pursuit 2 wasn't a bad game but it just wasn't hard enough for me to keep interest past completing all the challenges. Though if you can't stand the frusterating difficulty of FZero GX, Hot Pursuit might be better for you :).
In response to Chance777
Language, Chance777
In response to The mothball
bleh..i sold my gamecube after i lost the last game that was holding me back from sellling it, yes thats right lost. But oh well..it was trash anyway, with the money i got from it i bought DDR and two dance pads...MWUHAHAHAH DDR forever w00t!
In response to Sticky_Chronic
Theres a lot of good games. The three you mentioned are all very good, the wind waker is excellent, so is super mario sunshine. Burnout 2(I think this is the title) and F-Zero GX look to be your best bet for racing. Don't forget multi platform titles such as Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance and 007 Nightfire.
In response to Dession
Metroid Prime = best game ever. Perfect graphic, excellent controls(once you get a tad bit used to em they work great), amazing gameplay. Theres no reason to hate it unless you just couldnt figure out how to play.
In response to Theodis
I've noticed people say that they hated a game, or that game sucked, only when its a fairly difficult game. Seems to me they just don't like the challenge, but don't want to admit they weren't able to beat it.
In response to Jotdaniel
I love the game, but it's a little boring after finishing it twice. Also it's a little slow (Story progression and all that are fine, it's just movement speed that could use a boost).
All in all, if MP2 is half as good I'd sell my kidney to get a copy =P
In response to Hanns
Hanns wrote:
Language, Chance777

Sorry
Page: 1 2