In response to Critical
Have 10+ people in the game, and the server telling each person what to see, and have lots and lots of turfs doing this, and we'd have extreme lag. If they increased the amount of client side processing, it would reduce lag and make games such as 3d viable a bit more.

I saw it being hosted on the hub and it is extremely laggy.
In response to Theodis
Actually, TRNv2 (The Project of the Day) runs fine with up to 10 players (I was hosting). Of course, TRNv2 is more of an engine than the RPG that TRN is.
In response to Kunark
Kunark wrote:
Is he even still on BYOND?

Yes, but I'm not as active as I used to be.

I was working on a game, and I just made the ground move to see how it would run and how it would look. I thought it looked neat so I uploaded it. I do intend for the game to be single player, though I suppose spectators could join.
In response to JohnReaper
So be it. I don't promise it's "something decent" though. :p
In response to digitalmouse
digitalmouse wrote:
Theodis wrote:
Looks neat but it's not like it's anything overly impressive.

BUT, no-one else is doing it, so no-one else know it's possible.

The impressive-ness is that BYOND is capable of doing that at all!

Hey, I thought <SHOWOFF>Star Ships Inc.</SHOWOFF> was pretty neat. Its just totally impractical to make a game out of it because it runs amazingly slow online. <SHOWOFF>Isometric Demo</SHOWOFF> was pretty neat too, except that it ran into a bunch of byond's object limits, ran really slow, and couldn't have maps much larger than the one it has. (Actually, that was a while ago. It probably could be made these days, I just don't want to.)

BYOND is capable of making it, its just not capable of making anything good out of it in most cases. Thats why those little bundles of impressive-ness are just demos, not games.
Page: 1 2