ID:275719

I was wondering if there could be a section made on the BYOND website that could host any programs MADE by anyone. So if we wanted to create a program for the game we could share it with everyone. I saw that detached screen program the other day and was quite impressed and thought it could be good if it were put up on the BYOND website. I am also learning to program in Python and i hope to create some programs for the BYOND community to use. I understand that there may be problems with viruses etc but i dunno, just a suggestion I guess.
There are two reasons BYOND will never do this. Actually 3.

1st off the already laggy BYOND downloads will lag more.

2nd BYOND would be liable for any viruses someone got. Unless the stated a waiver which is tottaly unreliable especially over the internet.

3rd BYOND people are lazy! =P lol JK!
In response to Covering Fire
Covering Fire, Tom already stated that he will add in the detachable full-screen in BYOND 4.0. Also, if the BYOND games loading lag you, that is your computer. My laptop loads every game in a matter of seconds with no lag whatsoever.
In response to GokuDBZ3128
He's not adding the one the person made, DM/DS will have built-in options for it, this has been planned for a while.
In response to Nadrew
Yeah I know, Lol. =P
In response to Covering Fire
Covering Fire wrote:
There are two reasons BYOND will never do this. Actually 3.

Actually 4: Most game downloads are no longer hosted at all on BYOND's servers. So BYOND would never host a non-BYOND game download if they're not hosting BYOND-related downloads.

Lummox JR