ID:275824

Meh I took a Snowflake I made from http://snowflakes.lookandfeel.com/ and put it in PS7. I messed around with it for awhile and came out with this weird, cool looking thingy. :-P

Feel free to do the same and show us! :-P

--Man

On that note, my new computer hasn't got any decent programs like Photoshop. Only paint.

Where can I get some decent stuff for free?
In response to Elation
Elation wrote:
On that note, my new computer hasn't got any decent programs like Photoshop. Only paint.

Where can I get some decent stuff for free?

You could always steal decent stuff for free with Kazaa.

~
In response to Jerry Springer

~

Not.

Just thought I ought to say something here :

1.) BYOND is not a place to discuss warez and stuff of the such. (Illegal Activities.)

2.) The RIAA is already starting to bust Kazaa users.
In response to Lenox
Lenox wrote:

~

Not.

Just thought I ought to say something here :

1.) BYOND is not a place to discuss warez and stuff of the such. (Illegal Activities.)
Already done.(Edit: Plus! It doesn't say anything on the community guidelines that discourages or encourages it. As far as I am concerned it is a legit Topic and you have no place discerning what should or shouldn't be discussed on BYOND.)
2.) The RIAA is already starting to bust Kazaa users.
I don't have to worry about that, bandwith eatting Kazaa stays away from my computor, it is, however their risk to take. The risk is low in my opinion.
Kazaa, in it's privacy policy, "openly" states it installed "Third party ad-software", the moronic and often hard-to-get-rid-of gain publishing.

Kazaa is for fools.
And yes, the guidlines state that nothing illegal should be spoke of here.

I was wandering if there was a legit way to get it.

Actually, a have a laptop with some photoshop software bundled on, can I transfer that to this computer?
In response to Elation
Elation wrote:
And yes, the guidlines state that nothing illegal should be spoke of here.
http://developer.byond.com/forum/ forum.cgi?action=forum_help#standards

I don't see that anywhere on the link.. Perhaps there are two diffrent guideline pages, wich would be pointless. But do direct me to the link, I would much prefer to know the entirety of the rules.
In response to Elation
You mean like photoshop from laptop to computer? If so, yes. You can compress it as well as you can, then get a cheap router or something to allow the laptop and the main computer on the internet at the same time, get a file transfer program (AIM, MSN, Heck, you can even make your own on BYOND), then you can just transfer it over, since you already own a copy, it should be perfectly legal.
I don't see that anywhere on the link.. Perhaps there are two diffrent guideline pages, wich would be pointless. But do direct me to the link, I would much prefer to know the entirety of the rules.

Even if it is an unwritten rule, it's common sense. I believe I do remember a while back, someone got yelled at for talking about illegal activities.

Now, if a mod is reading this, please close this. This has gone off topic within a few posts.
In response to Lenox
The second post infact :)

But that's for the info on photoshop, yeah, we have a router.
In response to Elation
Http://www.gimp.org

It can do anything PS or PSP can do for the most part. Not the best GUI last time I checked, but it worked. And it is free!
In response to Scoobert
Thanks Scoob.
In response to Lenox
Lenox wrote:

Now, if a mod is reading this, please close this. This has gone off topic within a few posts.

Keep in mind who threw it off topic(Lenox),and who fed it(Meh). Partners in crime!

On other note, Photoshop is good and does all of the work for you, you can't really find it free Legally> so I advise you to find an alternative program that is cheap.. Such as Paint Shop.
In response to Elation
I believe that if you're removing the program from one computer, and installing it on a new one, then that is not illegal. If, however, you leave the program on the original computer and copy it to a new one, having two copies now, that is illegal. Even if you own both computers and they're under the same roof, the strict legality of it is, one liscence per copy. You can create a backup of the program, incase your original disk is damaged, but you can only install it on one computer at a time unless you pay for a new liscence.

~X
In response to Scoobert
http://park18.wakwak.com/~pixia/

Pixia is a free program as well, and has some really nice features. It has a slight learning curve, but many sprite artists and pixel pushers swear by it.

~X
In response to Xooxer
Thanks Xooxer...

Well, so I don't get in trouble, that's exactly what I won't do.

I won't have two copies...Honestly...