ID:275905

This is just a notice from me. ^_^

Everyone that spams people over pager needs to grow up. I mean really. Why do you goto a game like "Chatters" take the keynames and send them information about an RPG? It might seem like you might find people like that for your games, but you won't. It's starting to annoy everyone. We sit there chatting and we get "C0M3 J01N MY S3rV3R!!!1!!111!", a real annoiance*. I've started a new policy for myself, everyone that I find spamming chain letters and crap about your game, I'll be making a list to turn into some of these mean BYONDadmin. Grow Up.

-Ryan
Will the byond Admins even do anything about it? thats like the kid who says he is gonna report me to DanTom for banning him from my game, lol.

You have enough pager options to deal with it yourself, the Byond staff shouldnt have to.
In response to Shades
Yes, but it's wide spread. Why should everyone have to ban a person from paging them. I mean if the person is doing it, just to tell people they have never even seen before.. it's going to turn into something like a sorry AOL Chatroom before to long.
No spammers ever reach this forum. :/
In response to Elation
Well they have, they are just banned =P. I think it was a few months ago Madpeter2 or something spammed the forums then claimed it wasn't him >.>
In response to N1ghtW1ng
It was my brother, honest!

*sigh*

Don't worry Ryne, I think you were there when Lummox psyched out and decided he'd have blood from these spammers. Something'll happen to them.
In response to Elation
I think I was there also, he decided to write a pretty nasty letters to people that spammed him.
In response to Shades
yeah, but as far as I know, we aren't able to ban people from pager, even thogh it says we can...At least it doesn't work for me.
In response to Jamesburrow
Jamesburrow wrote:
yeah, but as far as I know, we aren't able to ban people from pager, even thogh it says we can...At least it doesn't work for me.

Wha?

Pagerban is great! And it works.
In response to Elation
well, like I said, for me it doesn't seem to work. this one dude keeps following me around and its a little annoying. And I banned him.
Jamesburrow wrote:
well, like I said, for me it doesn't seem to work. this one dude keeps following me around and its a little annoying. And I banned him.

If he's following you around from game to game, and it's getting really bad, contact www.byond.com/support and get him dealt with.
In response to Elation
thanks. will do.
Maybe the guy just likes the same games that he likes. So contacting BYONDsupport probably won't help to much.
In response to Ryne Rekab
Ryne Rekab wrote:
Maybe the guy just likes the same games that he likes. So contacting BYONDsupport probably won't help to much.

Not unless they harass you in that game and others and impersonate you...someone did that to me and another person and they're BYOND Banned right now.
In response to Ryne Rekab
I'll leave the game I'm in because he goes there and then he goes to the new one I'm in within a few seconds. It's possible, but not likely.
Jamesburrow wrote:
I'll leave the game I'm in because he goes there and then he goes to the new one I'm in within a few seconds. It's possible, but not likely.

Does he harass you in those games?
In response to Hell Ramen
Some of the time. Which is why I normally keep my pager off lately.