In response to JordanUl
JordanUl wrote:
Not rebuilding it would be a bad thing?

I wasn't commenting one way or the other on the ethics of rebuilding--only on the fact that your charge of war crimes was ridiculous.

Lummox JR
In response to Rockinawsome
Rockinawsome wrote:
Just a play on words to excrete more aggravation from you.
It worked. Also, why do you keep asking questions to things you already know the answer to? Com on stupid, just say it.

this is not what the forums are for.
First, it's "come" not com. Secondly, you are not aggravating me at all. I'm just wondering why you are so stupid. Seriously though, I could care less about some loser on the internet trying to insult me.
In response to OneFishDown
He started it.
You think I started it? Take a closer look. I said a simple thing against your post and you responded with

you probably giggled to yourself like a little school girl for finding a flaw in symantics, is not a flaw in logic.

How the hell did I start it?
In response to Artekia
You're on the internet, trying to insult me, and you keep replying, which means you obviously do care. So keep trying, stupid.
No, I really don't care. I just don't have anything better to do.

Is all you can say stupid?
In response to Lummox JR
Perhaps it was.
In response to Artekia
Maybe this needs to stop.
In response to Artekia
Uh oh, you're getting all flustered. Hmmm...maybe you do care...I love you Artekia. Would you like a cookie? You're the greatest. I want to be your pal.
Flustered? No. I just wanted to point out that I didn't start it at all. Stop trying to change the subject.
In response to Artekia
So you can keep being an idiot? (I pulled an artekia) Sure go ahead, but next time you want to insinuate I'm stupid by asking a question, and get wrapped up in how a statement was made rather than just understanding it and moving on, remember that I wont take it lying down, that's not my type.
Rockinawsome wrote:
If everyone was non violent I could take over the world with a butter knife

Sort of reminds me of the movie Demolition Man when Simon Pheonix was pretty much taking everything over with his bare fists because nobody knew how to fight. The police officers did not even know how to fight. =P
You should've expected it when you made that completely unnecessary "schoolgirl" insult.
In response to Artekia
That was just funny.
In response to JordanUl
JordanUl wrote:
Good post. I am against the war of course, but now that it's started, it can't be ended. I understand that, but that doesn't mean I can't voice my concern over it.

I didn't intend to silence you, it was just my way of pointing out what seems wrong to you may seem right to others. =P

And your correct. The right action isn't always to just sit there, but equally so, it isn't to instantly go to war. Can you agree with me there?

Agreed, but I don't believe we instantly went to war. I think this problem should have been solved a while ago.

History is saying, that going down the path you are, you are going to make a lot of people mad, and eventually something is going to happen that could be disastrous for yourselves, and I face the facts, me. Canada relies on the USA for trade. Over 90% of our exports go across our border and over a billion dollars a day in trade between us. If something happens to you, it happens to us, wether we like it or not. Which is why I have such strong feelings in your politics.

Well, I can't see why I didn't get what you were saying (given this type of mad-at-us incident has happened not too long ago). Still, if I saw a guy hit a girl (wrong if you ask me), I wouldn't be worried about what his friends thought about me trying to even up the fight.
In response to JordanUl
JordanUl wrote:
Face it, the world now hates you. It's not like you have to give up and accept that it has to go this way. How about an example.

So, theoretically - if we would've just kept on giving into Hitler, he would've stopped - because it was the popular decision to do at the time? Whoops, sorry - we tried that, it failed. That, and I wouldn't call France, Germany, & some crappy insignificant third-world countries "everybody". Frankly, France just plain out sucks, Germany is still trying to get everyone else to look the other way from their last defeat, and the other insignificant countries are just that - insignificant.
In response to GokuDBZ3128
JordanUI wrote:
I'm not an American. Maybe I don't think the same way as the average American

GokuDBZ3128 babbled:
<font color="#3333aa">You should have said this in your first sentence, because if you did, then I would not have even wasted my time reading your post. </font>

Then you would be considered a hypocrite too by not taking other opinions into account, whether they be right or wrong. An important part of debate is to listen to all sides.

<font color="#3333aa">You cannot tell us Americans how to handle the war, you have no idea how we feel about it.</font>

just as you may have no idea how people feel who are being bombed back to the stone age for something their government does. now you know how much of the rest of the world feels (at least eastern Europe and middle-east). don't feel good does it?

<font color="#3333aa">If you were an American who witnessed the World Trade Center crashing down, then I would respect your post, but you are not. Everybody, and I mean every American who witnessed that wanted to goto war with Iraq</font>

BUZZ! wrong answer! but thanks for playing! I am an American of 37 years, and while i am upset at the loss of life during the 9/11 attack, it was about time the U.S. got a slap upside the head and got it's head out of its butt to realized they are no safer than the rest of the world, and need to get off their self-made pedestal and actually help countries in trouble instead of exploiting them.

<font color="#3333aa">The pain that inflicted on us is undescribablel.</font>

that pain is miniscule compared to the lives ruined by the U.S. and others by getting involved in things not of their immediate concern, *or* getting involved for the wrong reasons (i'm talking pre 9/11 political positions, as far back as the 1960's). whereas U.S. citizens lost friends and some family members, others have lost whole generations of families. that pain is far greater than the pain felt by the U.S., in my opinion.

<font color="#3333aa">Going to war with Iraq is the best thing we can do right now.</font>

not true. there is currently no reason for us to be there anymore- Saddam is out, now it's time for the U.S. to clean up its mess and get out so that the people can get back to living and working again.

<font color="#3333aa">...in another one of your posts you mentioned that everyone hates us. Do you think we give a crap? Let them hate us. </font>

apparently bush-baby thinks differently, otherwise he would not be in doing his grovelling with the Europeans right now. you might want to pay attention to the news outside your own country for a change- like via bbcworld or cnn.

<font color="#3333aa">They hate us because we have everything they do not. Freedom. </font>

this is just a paltry excuse to cover up the fact that the U.S. is not the greatest place in the world. I lived in the U.S. all my life up until 2000, and after moving to Europe, I find I have far greater freedoms and opportunities here, than 'at home'. Social services are better, people are generally more friendlier to foriegners, and life is comfortablly safe.

<font color="#3333aa">They cannot hate us that much because every single day people risk their lives to come to this country. Every single day.</font>

This is just gravitating towards the lesser of two evils: 'hmm... live in Cuba and risk getting killed by the regime? or live in the U.S. and sell crack and do prostitution for fun and profit *and* risk getting killed by local gangs and religious in-fighting. hmm... tough choice!' - heck i'd go to the U.S. too if those were my only choices.

<font color="#3333aa">Going to war was the only and best thing to do at that time.</font>

war is NEVER the only and best thing to do. bush-baby jumped the gun for oil, plain and simple. most of the rest of the world can see this- why can't you?

<font color="#3333aa">They stone people, that is sick. Only a true American can understand this.</font>

here i agree with you- only a true american can understand the shame that comes with stoning, since they do it themselves all through-out it's own bloody internal history.

i mean, really, you should be ashamed about your own KKK (numerous stonings of blacks and whites who disagree with them- and gee whiz, the government did little about that eh?), and the pro-Theocratic trio of Gary DeMar, Gary North, and Rev. Don Boys (though there are others associated with them) supports stoning. in fact, to quote a few sources on the net, 'Don Boys -- who as a one-term Indiana state official in the 1970s authored legislation that restored capital punishment there -- spoke cheerfully of a time when Americans will witness 10,000 executions a year. And Gary North suggests the method -- stoning -- because rocks are "cheap, plentiful and convenient."' oh yeah, americans think stoning is a sick thing eh? your own Christian-Reconstructionists *want* stoning, and their gonna get it if no-one stops these crazy nuts.

looks like the pot calling the kettle black in this case.
In response to Jamesburrow
Jamesburrow wrote:
Better question, why can't the money go to the people here in America who are having to live off the streets and can't even afford something to eat? It is some of the people's fault they are homeless, but with others, they were raised homeless and beacuse of a lack of education, they are homeless. Basically, America has none of its priorities straight. However, as JordanUI said, not rebuilding Iraq would be a violation of the terms of the Geneva Convention.

Wah! I'm not going to read the 70-odd posts that have popped up while I slept, because it'd take me all day.

What I will say is that yeah- America has it's priorities wrong.

If it wants to fund and help it's homeless, then it shouldn't have to spend money rebuilding Iraq. How to get past rebuilding Iraq?
Not invade it.

But America needs the oil!

Where could America get it from if not invading?

Energy conservation!

So the answer to ALL of America's problems is at the heart of it's economy:

Turn off your lights when you leave the room.
Sign Kyoto.
Save yourselves, and the world.

(oh, and to OFD: :P )
There are 99 posts in this topic, so I'm evening it out to 100. =|
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6