In response to SSJ2GohanDBGT
Near me, Fleet Farm was selling gas for $2.65, While speedway was selling gas for only $2.20. There about a mile apart... Guess the obvious choice :)
In response to Strawgate
Strawgate wrote:
Near me, Fleet Farm was selling gas for $2.65, While speedway was selling gas for only $2.20. There about a mile apart... Guess the obvious choice :)

Yeah, pretty obvious. I think its funny how we can discuss differences in cost ranging from 5 to 40 cents a gallon.
Why is it always Americans that are so worried about their 'gas' (petrol <_< ) prices anyway? Without wishing to stereotype (although I have), it seems that you guys have a weird complex about comparing and talking about gas prices. And you get it cheap anyway.
In response to Elation
I guess when you live in a country where things have always been easy come easy go you expect it to be that way. That's probably human nature, You adapt to your environment and when things change and you have to actually think about it, it gets annoying.
In response to SSJ2GohanDBGT
SSJ2GohanDBGT wrote:
I couldn't even afford to drive if it were that much here. It would be a forced boycott on my part.

Same here, getting a car is totally out of the question. I'm fortunate to live in a city, but the people who live outside are forced to drive because there are no buses either.

And to make matters worse: In southern sweden, where they have subway and buses going every 5 minutes, they are promoting raised gas price to force people to use the public transport... but what public transport, if you live 20 km out on the countryside??

/Gazoot
In response to Gazoot
Heh, buses... there aren't any of them here. My "town" is a good 10 miles away. Once you get to town it's only about 3 miles long. -.-'

-Ryan
In response to Jp
Jp wrote:
"nutso imperial units used in Americaland"

"But whichever way it goes, we're probably paying significantly more then you. So don't gripe,"

And I thought I stereotyped people harshly.
Converting from US gallons to litres and US dollars to Australian dollars, that comes out to 79 Aussie cents per litre. At the moment, we're paying $1.14 per litre - nearly 50% more than you.

I think it's pretty safe to say that the US has the cheapest fossil fuel price of any developed country. Unless Canada has it cheaper. (Anyone know?)
In response to Crispy
Crispy wrote:

I think it's pretty safe to say that the US has the cheapest fossil fuel price of any developed country. Unless Canada has it cheaper. (Anyone know?)

You never hear anything about those Canadians. Well I don't, anyhow. It gets me wondering what it's like up there.

Prodigal Squirrel
In response to Zaole
Actually, neither of those were stereotyping. Nutso imperial units are used in Americaland. Gallons, Feet, whatever. They're imperial units, and their nutso because they aren't metric. And metric pwns you.

The other one was just saying don't gripe. I wasn't saying that americans in general griped, I was saying that the person I was replying to specifically shouldn't gripe.
In response to Scoobert
Yes, but in this case we're discussing relative badness. The fact that we would consider the gas prices in America very low means that it can't be all that bad, especially because we still manage to get along.
In response to Jp
Well, i live in Canada, and i pay 89 cents a litre.
In response to BlackPheonix
That comes to 92 Aussie cents a litre - in other words, more expensive than the US but cheaper than Australia. Figures.

So the US has the lowest fuel price in the developed world - and probably, by extension, the entire world. Man, statistics are fun. =P
Gas is nearly $2.60 a gallon in Memphis. And it just keeps rising. However, one way the news said to help:
Get a car that can run off of deisil. Go to a place like McDonalds, Wendys, etc. Ask for their used grease. Use the grease as if it is gas. It is enviomentally safe and nearly free.
In response to Jamesburrow
Jamesburrow wrote:
Gas is nearly $2.60 a gallon in Memphis. And it just keeps rising. However, one way the news said to help:
Get a car that can run off of deisil. Go to a place like McDonalds, Wendys, etc. Ask for their used grease. Use the grease as if it is gas. It is enviomentally safe and nearly free.

Heh, college students did that awhile ago. It was a bus, though.

..."The Veggie Bus".
In response to Elation
We should just use our own fuel reserves for a while, if we did that, we could 1. Get gas for cheaper 2. Possibly change the minds of the sellers over in the middle east and have them lower the prices and 3. Actually manage to support ourselves for a while (I can't remember how long. My U.S. History teacher told us the other day, but I wasn't paying attention)
So the obvious answer is to complain to Bush, not to BYOND. But complaining to anyone who will listen is the American way of life. We are spoiled b/c of our success as a nation and the normal cheapness of everything.
We are spoiled...our country has the lowest gas prices in thw world.
Page: 1 2