ID:276044

This is just a little to inform everyone. Who are you? I mean what is your old key? It's always nice to know who is who.

-Ryan
I'm a bit curious if he has more of a past with BYOND as well, but does it really matter? =)

Often times I've seen new people who seem to know their way around BYOND, but don't acknowledge being here before. Considering how critical some people are, I can't blame anyone for trying to hide from their past. As long as he's helpful, that's all I need to know. =)

*Edit
Given the topic, I think I should point out (for anyone who's curious) that I previously used the key Jnco904. I don't hide it, but it's not exactly common knowledge either at this point. =P
I've always been Jp. About the only reason I could have for changing it is that the hub search doesn't reference any word smaller then four or five letters.

Maybe the staff could make it always reference keys, no matter how small they are?
I'm the best part of the pirate: the part that says arr!
In response to PirateHead
Aye matey, want to stay hidden?

-Ryan
I just checked through is past posts. It appears as though he is just someone that had a computer programming background already and applied the knowledge to Byond in order to learn quickly. He probably is not someone with a prior, older key.

However, if he is an older user with a new key, I would guess Jon88. He seems like a Jon.
In response to Loduwijk
I know for a fact he has an old key. I just don't know which one.

-Ryan
In response to Loduwijk
I doubt he's Jon88. What would Jon88 have to hide, anyway?
In response to Ryne Rekab
Now you have gotten my interest. What is it that makes you so sure?
In response to Elation
Who said PirateHead had anything to hide?

I take what I said back now, as I just realised PirateHead made a post asking about Telnet in Byond, something which Jon88 would already have known.
In response to Loduwijk
Just reading his post. Look at them. Do they look like something someone could know that started BYOND on like 4/?/05?

-Ryan
I don't see the relevance of him posting a response publicly. As you know, some users choose to change keys periodically for whatever reason, so it's really up to PirateHead if he wants to respond to this or not. For what it's worth, I can tell you he's not an old troll or anything like that.

Lummox JR
In response to Lummox JR
I didn't think he was. I just wondered who he was. I mean I know he's someone. Like if you changed your key to Superox2005 I'd like to know it's you...

-Ryan
In response to Ryne Rekab
Who says that he did not come from another upstanding community? BYOND, although rare, is not a one of a kind community (at least when it comes to intelligence).
In response to Scoobert
Scoobert wrote:
Who says that he did not come from another upstanding community? BYOND, although rare, is not a one of a kind community (at least when it comes to intellegence).

Heh, intelligence. >:D

(sorry)
In response to Elation
I know I can't spell, thats old news, slightly ironic in this case, but still old news.

I normaly run my messages though a spell checker, but I don't have one in the browser in linux (just haven't bothered).
In response to YMIHere
Agreed; I've often thought of forming a new key to escape some things that were less than admirable that I have either said or done.

For instance, look at some of my oldest posts, I was quite the leeter, and quite the flame-starting jerk. The first part went away slowly, but the second part didn't really stop until about a year ago. Sure, some of the things I still say are on the side of abrasive, but none of them are said with the intent of proving anyone wrong, or with the intent to start an argument, merely an expression of my opinion or frustration with a topic. Most of this actually got me very well left alone. I only thought it was a problem because the administration of BYOND got involved and was looking at me in a poor light. For this, I think most have forgiven and forgotten. Gugs, Lummox, Tom, and a few other older members seem to at the very least tolerate me, so it's not a big problem.

Another thing I'd like to escape was my stint as an administrator for some games... Icon Chatterz, the occasional DBZ game (only one was a rip), and a few... er... well, cliche RPGs that got a bad repuation.

Every time I promised too much out of a game I was making, and couldn't complete it, or started working with a team, I wanted to either leave BYOND, or just form a new key. I never have, and have only used my computer to make a few other keys in the time I've been here. Those, I only use when I'm pagerbanned from a server wrongfully, and I want to continue playing as though it never happened. (Fatalsupernova's SS13 server, for instance. I hate Fatalsupernova, and I made it public that he is a spammer, and an abusive admin, and in general a poor roleplayer, and that I could totally own him in a fight in SS13 any day, any time, any combination of weapons or gear (I actually did several times, I took him out bare-handed when he was in full SWAT gear and had a spawned revolver.). He pagerbanned me because I was telling the truth. Not because I bothered him in his server, and not because I did anything to him over the pager. As a matter of fact, he added ME to HIS pager. So, if I wanted to play SS13, and his server was the only one available, I'd just log in on an alternate and leave him alone.)

It's kind of pointless to try to escape by hiding your face, as most people don't change when they have escaped the problem, rather than learning from it and moving on. Really, the only people that swap keys are the total trolls, or just someone who had a key that they no longer like. For instance, Lexy[expletive]/Lesbian Assassin/Hedgemistress. Air Mapster/Mike H is also a good example.
In response to Ter13
Lexy only changed keys because of the expletive in the key - AFAIK, it was a voluntary move to set a positive example on the forums. And I think she changed to Hedgemistress so she'd have an admin key for HRH.

Mapster/Mike changed because he decided his old nickname was silly. =)

Me, I've only ever changed nicknames when moving to a new community. (And then only because I outgrew my old one.) I haven't seen the need otherwise.
In response to Crispy
Everytime I see a post by you I think of M&Ms...
In response to SSJ2GohanDBGT
That's just creapy.

-Ryan
Page: 1 2