In response to Hell Ramen
Precocious? How precocious is it if you're on BYOND in the first place? -.-

-Ryan
In response to Ryne Rekab
Well, I guess I'll enter. Its not like we have to pay for entrance. I'll enter as long as I can keep it under the size limit andactually workable. Graphics don't count, right?
In response to Jamesburrow
Graphics don't count. Just looking for gameplay and that you follow the rules.

Underwater theme :)

-Ryan
OK, good. I'll probably be making most of them myself, so the graphics will likely suck.
I've removed the requirement for the contest that it must be underwater themed. Yours can still have an underwater theme it won't count towards or agaisnt you.

-Ryan
Actually I had a great idea for a underwater theme =D
But now I can do as I wish! I'm sure I'm gonna think of something good I just have to wait for a good idea to pop out :P

O-matic
Hey, that was the rule that was going to make it interesting.....Well, I'll still stick with that theme, but I'll be able to include a bit more now that it doesn't have to be entirely underwater.
Jamesburrow wrote:
Hey, that was the rule that was going to make it interesting.....Well, I'll still stick with that theme, but I'll be able to include a bit more now that it doesn't have to be entirely underwater.

The way I see it, one contraint is very good for a contest, but two not quite as helpful. 4K is often enough to get imaginations jump-started, or the underwater theme would certainly also make a good contest, but together they may overly limit a lot of people. I myself am taking a stab at a 4K game and kind of let the program get away from me before I realized it was not an underwater theme at all.

Lummox JR
Jamesburrow wrote:
OK, good. I'll probably be making most of them myself, so the graphics will likely suck.

That's okay; sometimes sucky graphics can give you a great themeatic idea. Scream of the Stickster was born when I took my idea of making a 4K maze game and added crappy stick figures.

Lummox JR
Well since there's nothing in the rules that doesn't stop me entering a game I wrote before the 4k challenge was issued, I'm going to go ahead and submit my RG (Reaction Game) to the challenge.

If I have time (I've got lots of exams), I'll make a brand new game specifically for the 4K Challenge '05.
I have no idea what I'll make, but I know I want to make something.
Yikes. Just over a month. Have yet to finish a game, I guess this is a good enough initiative. Woo.
One question, if you send in more than one entry, can you win more than once?
You can win all you can get your hands on. (So, yes.)

-Ryan
OK. Good.
Ryne Rekab wrote:
I've removed the requirement for the contest that it must be underwater themed.

Too late! The underwater game is coming! :)
Gughunter wrote:
In addition to Ryne's prize, BYONDscape will pay the three winning authors "article credit" (authorship shares for two successive quarters).

http://http://members.byond.com/ RyneRekab?command=view_comments&post=607

-Ryan
In response to Lummox JR
Lummox JR wrote:
In addition to my list of possible suggested #define replacements

I thought the rules said you can't use anything in the .dme other than what the compiler generates, and if you put it in the .dm files you're probably going to end up paying the some amount for it.
Although I suppose some will still work out cheaper.
So... what are we being critiqued on?
In response to Bob Smith
Uh, I have a question, how many people to one game? (ex. How many can code/design a 4k game)
In response to Vans
I don't know... Good question! Probably just one... 8(
Page: 1 2 3 4