In response to Vans
As many as you want. Just the team is only getting the fixed amount. (The person that sumbits it will get paid, it would be there job to split the money up.

-Ryan
In response to Ryne Rekab
So if I had a 5,000 member team, It would be alright?
In response to Vans
It looks that way... You would have to split the 20 bucks 5,000 different ways though...lol
In response to Bob Smith
Easy, we'd all get .004 cents ^_^
In response to Vans
You could, but you woulnd get that great of a prize :P
In response to Vans
lol
In response to DarkView
DarkView wrote:
I thought the rules said you can't use anything in the .dme other than what the compiler generates, and if you put it in the .dm files you're probably going to end up paying the some amount for it.
Although I suppose some will still work out cheaper.

If you use something commonly enough, the saving is worth the #define penalty. Look at the Scream of the Stickster source code, if you have a BYONDscape subscription; it has a whole BUNCH of #defines.
In response to Crispy
Crispy wrote:
DarkView wrote:
I thought the rules said you can't use anything in the .dme other than what the compiler generates, and if you put it in the .dm files you're probably going to end up paying the some amount for it.
Although I suppose some will still work out cheaper.

If you use something commonly enough, the saving is worth the #define penalty. Look at the Scream of the Stickster source code, if you have a BYONDscape subscription; it has a whole BUNCH of #defines.

Aye, it does. After you replace #define with a single letter--u in the case of SotS--the penalty for a new #define including the newline is 4+new_length+old_length. The savings per use of the replacement of course is old_length-new_length. Therefore you have to use a keyword at least twice for this to be of any value, and it's best with longer keywords including common choices like while and return. (SotS used a lot of get_step() too.) For macros the savings per use can be greater if one of the "arguments" is used more than once.

Anyway, consider the case of return. In SotS that looks like this:

u R return

Now counting a line break as only 1 byte (you need to convert your .dm file to Unix format first with a text editor), this line is 11 bytes. Each time you use R in place of return, you save 5 bytes. So for 3 uses or more, you have a savings.

As for the #define u #define line, it's an 18-byte penalty with a 6-byte savings, so 3 #defines later I break even, and after that I get the ideal penalty mentioned above.

Lummox JR
In response to ZeroCrash
Err, 4096 bytes used, or just..bytes?
In response to Mind Storm4
Mind Storm4 wrote:
Err, 4096 bytes used, or just..bytes?

I think you posted in response to the wrong post, since your query doesn't make sense where you posted it. (If you're viewing all posts, always be sure to reply to the right one!)

If I understand your question right, yes, the limit is 4096 bytes total for the .dm files you include. This does not count .dme files as long as they're strictly compiler-generated; it does count external libraries. .dms, .dmi, .dmp, and other data files do not count toward the total.

Lummox JR
So what determines the Size.

I didn't understand what you said.

Do you only count the size of the .dm file or .dm + .dmi +.dmp files?

Please explain it clearer to me.
In response to Crzylme
.dm files only.
In response to Airjoe
Alright.... thanks
In response to Airjoe
and the dme.file does that count as well?

O-matic
In response to O-matic
No, I'm pretty sure only the .dm
In response to Jamesburrow
ah ok thanks

O-matic
In response to O-matic
.dme does not count, but it must be entirely compiler generated.
In response to Airjoe
oh ok thanks

O-matic
Well, I'm just moving this topic to the front of the line so anyone that didn't get a look at the contest can get a peek.

-Ryan
hmm, a month to go huh?

well that gives me more time to work on, Myself I will have 3 games in it. 2 games are already done and the files are still under 2k :).

I just need an idea for the last game to add.
anyone have any suggestions?

O-matic
Page: 1 2 3 4