ID:276169

To help or not to help on the 'Developer How-To' and/or 'Code Problems' forums... that is the question at hand.

Lately I've been noticing many people helping people (that's good) but they also give bad advice (that's bad). I mean people I love that you attempt to help the poor little saps, but when it boils down to you giving that bad advice... that doesn't help; at all. You further confuse the confused just puts them down into a hole of further confusion.

I'll admit, I've given some bad advice out before... a couple of times... the only problem is I see the same people giving out bad advice out over and over again. You can normally look at the length of the thread to see if it was bad advice or not.

Well, the point I was trying to get at... don't give out bad advice to the people attempting to learn. If you are still learning something yourself, you can always help, but then again you can't always help them out very well. Just if you are still learning something, please double check stuff you are telling people! Look at the ref and make sure the variable names you are giving someone are correct. Look at the snippet you typed out and make sure you don't have loads of typos, or even test it out to make sure you are helping...

-Ryan :|
Ryne Rekab wrote:
Look at the snippet you typed out and make sure you don't have loads of typos, or even test it out to make sure you are helping...
-Ryan :|

You may want to change advise to advice. >_>
[edit]Added a smiley. I didn't want to make it sound mean!
In response to Hell Ramen
Well I was talking about missing ) and stuff like that but... I fixed it. :)

-Ryan