ID:27674

Final Fantasy 6 Advance is a DISGRACE to Final Fantasy remakes EVERYWHERE!!!!

They changed Kefka' "Son of a Submariner" line to "Son of a Sandworm"!!

What the HELL!? Such a change was NOT needed to a very classic line. Seriously, that had to be one of my favorite lines of all time from Kefka. How could they just DESTROY my childhood? It's insane.....

Square-Enix Better release a portable version of Chrono Trigger if they ever wish to redeem themselves in my eyes.
Square-Enix Better release a portable version of Chrono Trigger if they ever wish to redeem themselves in my eyes.

except they'll do the same thing to Chrono Trigger :O
Personally, I think SquareSoft has gone pretty downhill since the merger. I much preferred the olden SquareSoft titles---FFVII, FFT, and even some non-FF titles! I don't think Enix is helping the quality. =/
While the change of "submariner" to "sandworm" is not cool (I would have killed to have it changed to the original "bitch"), the other changes throughout the game are definitely welcome.

I've not played the game but I read loads about the FF6a translation since I've always been interested in the original mistranslation of FF3. I think this version is a little truer to the original version, but it's still amazing to read about the original Japanese characters:

http://www.icyforums.com/ index.php?s=9a8d1f9d5f8caa7fc90e6f9328dcb54a&showtopic=4401
hey dixon in the future how about u like uh bomb the Nintendo Company building?