In response to Jp
Ugh... you don't read and comprehend at the correct level... there are windows based macs and that's what I was talking about, they will be able to run vista efficiently soon enough. Anyway, i'm out of this conversation. The ignorence is astounding.
In response to Stevenw9
Stevenw9 wrote:
The ignorence is astounding.

The irony is strong with this one.
In response to Stevenw9
Stevenw9 wrote:
Ugh... you don't read and comprehend at the correct level... there are windows based macs and that's what I was talking about, they will be able to run vista efficiently soon enough.

Nobody buys a mac to run windows on it. There are plenty of people who don't want to run vista anyways. It's not like it's the holy grail of computing. DirectX 10 isn't compatible with anything but itself. That's an EXTREMELY small subset of the computing world. Think about users of windows 98, 2000, XP, users of Mac OSX, users of linux, any of the *bsds, etc, etc.
In response to Jon88
I'm very racist with OS's. For me, it's either Windows, Linux or the macs general OS. Anything else... well, I just don't bother noticing it.
In response to Stevenw9
So.... you notice OS X and Linux but want them to use DirectX?

Uhhhh...
In response to Jp
I'm a windows geek >.> if it's not easy for people new to a computer to learn, and it lacks in graphics... well, i'm just one of those people that look at pretty graphics when it comes to an OS. I was raised on Windows so i can't leave it! It's out to steal your SOUL!
In response to Jp
Jp wrote:
And why the hell would you use DX when there's OpenGL available?

Plenty of people do. Some prefer DirectX over OpenGL, some only see the advantages of DirectX, and some just don't want to learn how to use OpenGL if they already know how to use DirectX.

Keep in mind that OpenGL and Direct3D are more comparable than DirectX and OpenGL. DirectX offers much more than graphical support, so while they're using DirectX for other things, why not use it for the graphical interface while we're at it instead incorporated an entirely different one? It's not like DirectX hardware control will work on any non-Windows programs anyway.
In response to Stevenw9
That's what people say about the Macintosh. The Macintosh is the worst OS I have ever used.
In response to CaptFalcon33035
I don't like having only one button my mouse... that's the only thing that really bugs me out.
In response to Jon88
Apparently, though Vista will be faster than XP, it will require a ton of more resources. People who have tried it with the recommended resources (such as the 2GB RAM, people have needed to upgrade to 4GB RAM to run smoothly) have complained about how it is not sufficient.

There are also stories of an amazing number of procedures running. They say their are about 40 running after a fresh install, and it doesn't get smaller.

Personally, I'm beginning to believe that Microsoft doesn't care about it's software anymore. I would have eliminated half of the procedures running in Vista. I also think that they are using old, inefficient, and outdated programming and libraries from the older versions of Windows.

I'm still a fan, though.
In response to Stevenw9
Stevenw9 wrote:
I don't like having only one button my mouse... that's the only thing that really bugs me out.

Then don't. The Mac can use any usb mouse with any number of buttons. Apple even sells the Mighty Mouse, which I think has 3+scrollwheel.
In response to Stevenw9
Here is my experience. http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5687841345102464662

[Edit] Warning: Brief Explicit Language
Page: 1 2