In response to Genjura
Genjura wrote:
How is it that you are giving all these cash and prizes out and yet you yourself don't have a membership. Seems kinda fishy.

-Genjura

Yes, you've uncovered my great scam plot to rob people of their source codes. Damnit.
You'll be getting my story line soon enough.
In response to Game sabre
Game sabre wrote:
You know I'd never thought people would tell me the prize is too BIG.

don't worry about it. People are just whining because they probably won't be able to compete. so they have nothing better to than go 'waaaa! it's not right that you give away big money! waaaa!'.

i think it's a great idea, and i hope you get a lot of entries!

heck, if you like, i'll even back you up with a free digitalBYOND hosting spot to the winning entry (to host the winning game if it's multiplayer).

i would suggest allowing libraries, though. it allows people to be more creative by freeing up the time needed to 're-invent the wheel' for various basic functionality.
In response to digitalmouse
digitalmouse wrote:
Game sabre wrote:
You know I'd never thought people would tell me the prize is too BIG.

don't worry about it. People are just whining because they probably won't be able to compete. so they have nothing better to than go 'waaaa! it's not right that you give away big money! waaaa!'.

i think it's a great idea, and i hope you get a lot of entries!

heck, if you like, i'll even back you up with a free digitalBYOND hosting spot to the winning entry (to host the winning game if it's multiplayer).

i would suggest allowing libraries, though. it allows people to be more creative by freeing up the time needed to 're-invent the wheel' for various basic functionality.

Yeah I allowed libs and thanks for the digitalBYOND backing! Sounds great :)
Question: Does the game have to be multi-player or single player? I think implementing a story line with a goal is much easier for single player, so that's what i'm toying around with now.

my AIM is: acejammer99 yours is?
i have 2 days left to give u my story and u aint been on while im on i added u on msn and if u dont come on tomorrow ill email it ok?? My games looking good and i hate writing story's. :( But i makin it interresting adding pics it looks cool.
In response to Darkdemonrad
Darkdemonrad wrote:
Question: Does the game have to be multi-player or single player? I think implementing a story line with a goal is much easier for single player, so that's what i'm toying around with now.

my AIM is: acejammer99 yours is?

Either, doesn't matter.

My AIM is Sabre game
In response to Chrislee123
Chrislee123 wrote:
i have 2 days left to give u my story and u aint been on while im on i added u on msn and if u dont come on tomorrow ill email it ok?? My games looking good and i hate writing story's. :( But i makin it interresting adding pics it looks cool.

Okay, that's fine, just make sure this game is made from scratch, sounded like you had already been making it from what you just wrote.
Note: It's not just a STORY don't forget people. You can just describe the world if you want to, just give me an idea of what your game contains, in a roleplay kind of way. Describe the world, it's events, characters or whatever you want.
This seems like fun, i'm going to have to look into this a bit.
Oh man I'm soo in, This just gives me something to shoot for Coming stories such an easy task I don't really care for the prizes allthat much just the hype of creating something as original as can be. I would just be happy with Byond Membership. So yea count me in. you can expect a story from me either today or tomarro. Talk to you later.

~SareX
In response to SareX-Productions
SareX-Productions wrote:
Oh man I'm soo in, This just gives me something to shoot for Coming stories such an easy task I don't really care for the prizes allthat much just the hype of creating something as original as can be. I would just be happy with Byond Membership. So yea count me in. you can expect a story from me either today or tomarro. Talk to you later.

~SareX

Good to hear. And even so, everyone is in the running for $200 even if you don't want it! >:(
Don't forget you only have till the 1st to submit a piece of writing about your game world etc. Please keep to the deadline.
Can you prove that you'll be giving out $200? I don't want to waste my time only to end up with you saying it was a joke or something. Also, if the quality of all games is really bad, you won't lower the prize money, right? Finally, can you confirm you mean $200 USD?
In response to Abhishake
Abhishake wrote:
Can you prove that you'll be giving out $200? I don't want to waste my time only to end up with you saying it was a joke or something. Also, if the quality of all games is really bad, you won't lower the prize money, right? Finally, can you confirm you mean $200 USD?

$200 United States Dollars via Paypal transaction all at once before the end of next month. Happy? And as for proof, I don't plan on scanning a bank statement or anything, so no. If you don't want to enter fine, but there will be proof when the winner receives $200. I won't be lowering the prize money amount either.
It seems that after receiving only a single entry by the deadline for the writing part of the competition I am going to have to cancel this. I guess people just aren't motivated these days.
Game sabre wrote:
It seems that aftery r receiving only a single entry by the deadline for the writing part of the competition I am going to have to cancel this. I guess people just aren't motivated these days.

I seriously was interested but school and a game tied up my time. :|
Game sabre wrote:
It seems that after receiving only a single entry by the deadline for the writing part of the competition I am going to have to cancel this. I guess people just aren't motivated these days.

I just heard about it tonight and started working on a story.

:-(
In response to Ben G
Ah well don't worry I'll make sure to host more competitions during the holidays. People don't seem to have the time at the minute to make a game.
That's what happened to our game, I had started writing. Took a break, school started, and we forgot about it.
Page: 1 2