In response to Ripiz
It wasn't in my e-mail. That's why nobody got it.

All they did was compromise my financial information.
In response to Ripiz
Ripiz wrote:
It's possible to steal resources even with simple hex editor, just will be time consuming if there will be many icons.

It's possible to steal resources even with Notepad and fcopy().
In response to Hobnob
That's a good option - I should have listed it.
A ton of good BYOND games have been lost in time, or just have terrible owners that have no intention of trying to balance the game (Castle), even though the game was already well-balanced.

Or LodeWars, I see alot of people say that was good, but I never got a chance to play it.
In response to SuperAntx
SuperAntx wrote:
wut if ninjas kidnapped Lummox JR and nobody was a bad enough dude to save him?

Lummox would haxx0r his way out.
In response to Foomer
He'd ban them from the BYOND hub because they are racist.
In response to Hobnob
-cough-

My bad.
In response to AZA
AZA wrote:
-cough-

My bad.

Hobnob's post made me giggle.

This made me giggle more.

:D

If it matters to anyone (which I'm sure it doesn't, but I'ma share it anyway~) I think things turned out for the best this way. Maybe it's just me... Meh.
In response to AJX
Not sure if you've noticed the hub of the game we're talking about. Take a look. >_>
In response to Vic Rattlehead
Vic Rattlehead wrote:
That's a good option - I should have listed it.
A ton of good BYOND games have been lost in time, or just have terrible owners that have no intention of trying to balance the game (Castle), even though the game was already well-balanced.

Or LodeWars, I see alot of people say that was good, but I never got a chance to play it.

LodeWars is easily one of the best games on BYOND. It's pretty awesome. Keep an eye out for it.
In response to AZA
AZA wrote:
Not sure if you've noticed the hub of the game we're talking about. Take a look. >_>

Whats wrong with it. Did I miss something? O.o
In response to Hiro the Dragon King
As far as I know, Notepad doesn't read binary
In response to Ripiz
A few years ago I would've...Served as a merchant accepting transactions from people with problem B and at even costlier price A.

Nowadays...Just B.
In response to Ripiz
Ripiz wrote:
As far as I know, Notepad doesn't read binary

If you open up the resource file in Notepad, you can use find to grab the names of all the files in it. Then you just put the resource file in a blank project, renaming it accordingly, and create a single verb making use of fcopy(). Then you can just fcopy() all the files out.
In response to Hiro the Dragon King
fcopy() sounds like from DM. I'd never use BYOND to rip itself, it's just slow =p
In response to Ripiz
Ripiz wrote:
fcopy() sounds like from DM. I'd never use BYOND to rip itself, it's just slow =p

You'd be surprised.
Vic Rattlehead wrote:
You awake one day to find a DMB extractor in your hard drive, it decompiles the DMB almost flawlessly, what do you do?

A: Trick people into sending their games to you, to steal.
B: Help people get lost sources of their games (I can think of a few people who'd want that)
C: Delete/ignore it. You want nothing to do with something that can rip or...
D: Give it to someone else, you don't want it, maybe someone else does?

I would personally go with C. Helping people is nice, but the association (spelling?) with ripping isn't cool.

C would be the eaiset to go with, because more or less without trying to get alittle mild on language: a DMB decompiler is really just flat out a bitch to use, you'd be better off recoding the game form scratch unless you find a game that's worthy, which only SS13 and Icon Ultima would be worth the time, but if you did DMB Decompile IU, you'd just be shunned in the BYOND community. Or you could do good things like when Hobnob decompiled SS13 and improved it.
In response to HXR_Wheaties
HXR_Wheaties wrote:
C would be the eaiset to go with, because more or less without trying to get alittle mild on language: a DMB decompiler is really just flat out a bitch to use, you'd be better off recoding the game form scratch unless you find a game that's worthy, which only SS13 and Icon Ultima would be worth the time, but if you did DMB Decompile IU, you'd just be shunned in the BYOND community. Or you could do good things like when Hobnob decompiled SS13 and improved it.

IU wouldn't be worth it. You'd be decompiling something that is simpler to make than it is to sort through the decompiled code. You'd also probably get a lot of crap from the IU community just because you'd be in possession of things that you shouldn't be, i.e. Wiznet (which is really the only thing worth decompiling there). And IU has a pretty large following, so that is just a LOAD of crap. Not worth it.
In response to CaptFalcon33035
CaptFalcon33035 wrote:
HXR_Wheaties wrote:

IU wouldn't be worth it. You'd be decompiling something that is simpler to make than it is to sort through the decompiled code. You'd also probably get a lot of crap from the IU community just because you'd be in possession of things that you shouldn't be, i.e. Wiznet (which is really the only thing worth decompiling there). And IU has a pretty large following, so that is just a LOAD of crap. Not worth it.

IU creates a fascination among the followers simply because the genre's ilk are easily amazed by simple things like homing-missile firing five-tile spaceships, onscreen weapon inventories, editable overlays, remote-control vehicles, minimaps, and text-activated supermoves like a falcon punch. The entirety of the code averages out to marginally above average.

Wiznet isn't that hard to get ahold of, either, since the exact same thing can be procured from my hub listing (Wiznet base datum and WSS). The only thing Wiznet-related to be gained is my password to the system, but there's much easier methods than a complete code decompile to get it.
Page: 1 2