ID:278182

Well, this happens when I try to join one game. It constantly says connection failed, but when I ask one of my friends to try logging in, they get into the server without any problem.

Game: Bleach Las Noches

I don't think I'm banned cause I eventually get into the server after several attempts.

This is the message I get:
Welcome BYOND! (4.0 Public Version 454.1036)
Logging in...connected
Logged in as Child Prodigy.
Connecting to byond://67.208.116.130:27021...connected
Connection died.
Connection failed.

I tried reinstalling BYOND on my computer, restarting, and clearing the cache but nothing works.

Edit: All my keys have this problem
I have no clue if the problem and solution posted here will help, but it does not hurt to try.
Child Prodigy wrote:
I don't know where this should go, so here.

BYOND Help Software Problems
You might just be banned. "eventually get into the server" means they unbanned you. Failure to get in after that would mean they banned you again.
Just my two cents. To me, "Connection died." means your connection was killed, not lost.
In response to Kaiochao
Kaiochao wrote:
You might just be banned... To me, "Connection died." means your connection was killed, not lost.

I agree, you were probably banned. And given that a ban can be done through IP or computer ID, a good banning system wouldn't care which key you used.
This is definitely something that belongs in BYOND Help instead of the developer forums. For public edification though, this is what your sequence of messages means:

Logging in...connected
Logged in as Child Prodigy.

Dream Seeker has connected to the pager and the pager has given DS your key.

Connecting to byond://67.208.116.130:27021...connected

DS has initiated a connection to the game server, and has successfully negotiated the TCP/IP connection for the session. At this point DS can start talking to the other server.

Connection died.

The connection has been shutdown. This could have happened at either end, but almost certainly it's a result of the server locking you out.

You did not receive a message that you were banned by the host, which would happen in the event of a Dream Daemon ban. What this most likely means is that some logic in client/IsBanned() or mob/Login() is checking for some kind of condition and disconnecting you if that condition isn't met. The fact that you seem to get in eventually suggests that the server has a connection limit.

Lummox JR
Dun worry about it. Happens to me all the time and no its not a ban thing. Im not sure what usualy causes it but i know that for me a few times the server i was trying to connect to was messed up.