In response to Hiro the Dragon King
Nothing. My headset when plugged in doesn't give options like that, and two CamStudio right out tells you "Video and speakers" or "Video and microphone".

If it can record one, why in hell is it so hard to find one (even one to BUY) that can do both?
In response to Vic Rattlehead
Vic Rattlehead wrote:
Nothing. My headset when plugged in doesn't give options like that, and two CamStudio right out tells you "Video and speakers" or "Video and microphone".

If it can record one, why in hell is it so hard to find one (even one to BUY) that can do both?

Did you read the instructions? These steps have nothing to do with whether on not you have a microphone plugged in. They are straight-up OS configuration instructions.
And if my headset is plugged in, I can't access any of those options. Which, is what I said as I'm re-reading my post.

I've read something about a Stereo Mix option that can record both, but again, it doesn't work if my headset is plugged in.
In response to Vic Rattlehead
Vic Rattlehead wrote:
And if my headset is plugged in, I can't access any of those options.

If you can't access those options while your headset is plugged in, unplug it. If that is the case, then you need to check and repair your OS install.
I just re-installed Windows, so no, that's not a problem. The things that get enabled/whatever from doing those things you mentioned automatically stop working after it's plugged in.

It's a Microsoft LiteChat headset, if you're curious.
Page: 1 2