ID:278223

I don't have the program, and I'm not sure if you need a hacked PSP or what to use it (if it even exists), but according to the description:

Plug the PSP into your PC (via USB)
Run the program, the program will be used as a second screen for the PSP (as a second screen, it's re-directing the PSP's screen action to the PC)

If this does exist, it'd be rather helpful (that's an understatement) for making PSP game videos.
Vic Rattlehead wrote:
I don't have the program, and I'm not sure if you need a hacked PSP or what to use it (if it even exists), but according to the description:

Plug the PSP into your PC (via USB)
Run the program, the program will be used as a second screen for the PSP (as a second screen, it's re-directing the PSP's screen action to the PC)

If this does exist, it'd be rather helpful (that's an understatement) for making PSP game videos.

http://gizmodo.com/5060374/ psp-hack-turns-your-handheld-into-a-2nd-computer-screen

Well, I don't know if you already knew how to make the PSP a secondary monitor, but that might help (if you have Windows).
Although, I have seen better tutorials.
Try Google.com, Bing.com, Yahoo.com, or Ask.com for they are great Search Engines.
As for re-directing to record video... I don't know if that's possible yet.

Oh and P.S.
It's not 'Hacked', the correct term would be 'Modded'.
Hacking is to find an illegal means of receiving information/controlling a thing.
Since you aren't really specifically doing that, you are illegally modifying your PSP to support Custom FirmWare.
In response to Maximus_Alex2003
No, hack has two meanings. Hacking could also be illegal/unwanted (in the case of hacking values in an MMO) modification of something.

I never knew the PSP could be used as a second monitor, though.
I know there is a way to play PSP games on your TV via the USB cable. But you might need a PS3 to do that. Besides that, there is some homebrew that lets you use the PSP as a USB controller. But you'd need a hacked firmware to run it.
In response to Ham Doctor
Ham Doctor wrote:
I know there is a way to play PSP games on your TV via the USB cable. But you might need a PS3 to do that. Besides that, there is some homebrew that lets you use the PSP as a USB controller. But you'd need a hacked firmware to run it.

You don't need a PS3 to play games on your TV.
There are articles out on the internet that explain how.
It's a matter of searching for them.
It's not actually known as 'Hacked Firmware' but it's known as Custom Firmware by majority of PSP users.
In response to Dark Vendetta
It's the same thing, hacked or custom firmware. The difference is, "custom firmware" sounds a bit more legal.

I don't have a capture card anyway, so it being played on the TV wouldn't help.
In response to Dark Vendetta
Jesus Christ, get out of here, a custom/hacked firmware is a moot argument. It's the same thing. Considering it isn't authorized by Sony and most likely uses some of the same elements, I'll call it "hacked" thank you very much.

Secondly only the PSP slim supports a video out function and then you need to get one of those accessories. So unless you have the newer model PSP with the cables to hook it up to your TV, then you are going to need to flash your PSP and buy the accessories.

But I am fairly sure there is a way to play it through a PS3 with a mini USB cable. I haven't done it so I can't say for sure. I thought that was a feature.
In response to Ham Doctor
I have the PSP-3000, which is the model after the slim with the mic. I've seen a few videos that might be a hoax on YouTube regarding the subject, but it's only for hacked firmware.
In response to Vic Rattlehead
The true anwser is yes it can be done but you need custom firmware (psp-3000 can be hacked now but not psp go) once you have custom firmware all you need is a usb cable a program called remotejoy4irshell and a psp homebrew app called irshell. put the app on psp and put the program in your comp. then start irshell on your psp and select usbhost redirection and open remotejoy4irshell on your pc was there connected via usb your comp should start installing the needed drivers and will soon display your psp screen on you pc. I supports fullscreen to!
In response to Mystz
The 3000 is not hackable. Nor do I have any intention of hacking it.
It sounds like it's hackable, and if I were you, I would hack it. It's surprising how many benefits hacking a device can bring, and it's not like it's illegal or anything (breaking the EULA isn't illegal).
Vic Rattlehead wrote:

Want to bet? I've been running homebrew apps for a long time now.
In response to Mystz
Mystz wrote:
(psp-3000 can be hacked now but not psp go)

The same team that enabled homebrew on the PSP-3000 has also done it for the PSPgo. It just hasn't yet been released publicly.

The video says it never will be released. Whether Team Typhoon or someone else releases the kernel exploit is irrelevant; it will happen in time.
In response to Kuraudo
I do wanna bet. How much you want to put up? I don't consider the hack wearing off the moment the PSP is completely shut off (battery replacement/it freezing/forgetting to just put it in sleep mode hackable.
In response to Jeff8500
Most programs I've seen that work with a hacked PSP for redirecting the PSP's screen to a PC program seem to be slim only.
Vic Rattlehead wrote:
I don't consider the hack wearing off the moment the PSP is completely shut off (battery replacement/it freezing/forgetting to just put it in sleep mode hackable.

That's retarded. You can get unauthorized programs to play on your PSP and you're claiming it hasn't thus been hacked1? Yeah I'm just going to ignore you from now on.

<small>1 Really, "cracked"</small>
In response to Kuraudo
I didn't say I was talking about my PSP. I did research on this, the 3000 is hackable, but it wears off after being cut off completely.
EDIT: This was around a month ago when I got my PSP-3000. I doubt much has changed in it's state of hackable-ness, if it has, then my bad.
Okay, let me clarify my point:

Vic Rattlehead wrote [in [link]]:

Vic Rattlehead wrote [in [link]]:
the 3000 is hackable, but it wears off after being cut off completely.

Considering the hack is sustained indefinitely if you don't fully power it down (why would you?), how long it lasts is pretty irrelevant. Especially since it takes only a minute to re-enable it if you should decide to power it off completely.
In response to Kuraudo
Hmm, why would my PSP (randomly) get powered down fully:
The battery dies. (Although that's easily prevented)
The PSP freezing. (This is not. It randomly freezes in the browser)

I wasn't aware the hack is that quick to do, though. I still don't consider it 100% hackable if it gets worn off so easily.
You should probably stick to standard definitions of "hack" from now on.