ID:278368

Today i was reading up some stuffs,
one thing lead to another and boom i was playing with my Ps3 controller via reo 2,
so yeh just gonna show you how u can configure tits.

1)Download the drivers for your controllers.

Controllers
PS2 DUelshock 3(with the wire):
Install this driver if you havent,
http://www.codeproject.com/KB/mcpp/wiredps3axis.aspx,
for Windows 7, Vista and XP.
Xbox 360(attached wire):
computer should automaticly install the driver for you.

2)download and install Xpadder
Xpadder: http://www.rapidshare.com/files/182569762/ xpadder_gamepad_profiler.rar

once (2) is installed just configure the settings around for your 360 or ps3 controller im sure youll figure it out.
so there you go u can now play with your joysticks on any byond game that use's macros.
Xpadder is a very common program that is one of the most un-user friendly things I've ever seen. Why does everyone prefer it over Joy2Key?
In response to Moonlight Memento
And no one seems to know about Pinnacle. It's by far the best keymapper, and supports every kind of controller I've used. Pretty awesome.
In response to DivineTraveller
I used pinnacle once to test it out, and from what I saw, it worked very well with my PS3 controller.
In response to Jeff8500
It looks like a complicated program to use from the looks of it.

Off-topic: The PS3 controller fails on so many levels it's sad. The L2/R2 buttons are the absolute worst things I've ever seen, ever. I thought the 360 controller was bad and it is, but those shoulder buttons...
Personally, I like the PS3's controller (though the original lack of vibration is annoying). Using the trigger-like shoulder buttons is pretty comfortable and usually makes me feel pretty BA.

EDIT: And if I remember right, it took about a 1/2 hour to set up properly. It's a little complicated, but really powerful.
In response to Jeff8500
Well, never mind. Worst program for this by default due to needing to pay to use it past 30 days.
Yeah, worst -- yeah, no.
Don't be so rash, it makes you look like more of an idiot.
If you looked around in the forums (or done any deeper research, for that matter), you might find the special offers that are occasionally run, and give free keys. Keys also have unlimited usage (I've had to use it seven times across several installations of different OS' and I've shared it with friends), and can often be obtained really easily if you don't want to pay. I wrote a blog post about it a year or two back, and got a key. Simple as that.

[edit]
The best part about it is, it's completely worth-it software, as it leads it's field by a large margin. It's not like paying for it will kill you, if you really wanted it, and it does emits a large amount of awesome for a low price.
In response to DivineTraveller
It's a controller mapper, how exactly is one better over the other, other than interface? It isn't worth the money because of how many free alternatives there are for it.

What would be really cool is if people make a controller mapping program that was based off of what the people use for emulators, those are always really responsive and usually a good enough interface.

---

Also, is it true that GameGuard blocks out Xpadder?
Moonlight Memento wrote:
that was based off of what the people use for emulators

What do the people use for emulators?
In response to Kuraudo
Well I'm going off some emulators, the more well-known ones... well, use a window you open, with a list of buttons, click the button you want to map something to (B button, etc), then press the button on the controller then it works fine.

Programs like Joy2Key suck in the sense they don't work that simply, you have to randomly take a stab in the dark what key does what unless you take the time-waste to go into Control Panel, Game Controllers, then find out what button is what number (1-12 IIRC), which is... annoying.

Dunno if Xpadder suffers that but it's pay-to-use so it isn't worth it.
I find that Joy2Key is better if you can just map the keys yourself in the program. Cause than you just hit the buttons as you want them mapped in the program or game yourself. That was at least the best way for me to do it most of the time. (which is why it's nice when programs allow multiple configs.)
In response to Sinfall
...uh okay, sure. So for a PS2 controller how do I find out what Button 1, 2, 3, etc are without tedious testing?
Tedious is pressing like 8-12 buttons and seeing what they show up as? Lazy.
In response to Nadrew
No, that's what we call tedious when it should only be:
"Press button on controller, then input what mouse/keyboard action for said button"

Sadly, no one wants to get that right, and every program gets it completely backwards.
Sorry, I wasn't very clear. What I mean is that I just map the keys to the top row or so than go and bring up the game I want to play. Than inside the game I just edit the config by clicking on what I want to change than hitting the button on the controller. It's pretty easy and straight forward that way. Besides, the buttons are almost always setup the same way =/. That being said, I had no problem with joy2key for most games that don't support controller input. (or have really crappy support)