ID:278452

operating System Centos 5

when i use dream daemon with sudo or with su i get

./DreamDaemon: error while loading shared libraries: libbyond.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

if i don't use it i get

./DreamDaemon: error while loading shared libraries: /home/gokudeath/byond/bin/libext.so: cannot restore segment prot after reloc: Permission denied

how i fix.
The latter error is an interesting one, so I'll try to address that. Essentially it's an SELinux permissions issue. To confirm this, try:

setenforce 0

And then try running DreamDaemon as your current user. Note this is a temporary fix.
In response to Stephen001
Stephen001 wrote:
The latter error is an interesting one, so I'll try to address that. Essentially it's an SELinux permissions issue. To confirm this, try:

> setenforce 0
>

And then try running DreamDaemon as your current user. Note this is a temporary fix.

i had to use

/usr/sbin/setenforce 0

because for some reason being i got a raid card with 5 hard drives

nothing works like setenforce 0 not even visudo works i have to put in the full path to make it work.
do u know the fix for this.
This I guess is more to do with the way CentOS sets up PATH variables on sudo environments. Unfortunately as I don't have a CentOS install to hand, I can't really advise.

Try posting here: http://www.centos.org/modules/newbb/index.php?cat=3

Providing as much system information as possible, and environment info.
I need help please I still try DreamDaemon while doing setenforce 0 and it still say Permission Denied anything else I can do?
For anyone who searches about this issue, you must also do:
chmod +x /usr/local/bin/DreamDaemon
Ah yes. That's pretty much UNIX permissions 101 there.