ID:278512

/10?
About 6.5

• Controls are horrible
  • Some graphical design mistakes
  • Can't craft arrows (maybe I just haven't found how yet)
  • Can't tell which quest is part of the story
  • Some balancing issues: heavy armor NPCs seem to have less health than mage NPCs. Mage NPCs also hard to hit as melee: they slow you down and walk backwards, hard to catch up.
  • Some random wild monsters are stronger than the dragon (wtf?)
  • Other things I forgot to mention
In response to Zaoshi
Zaoshi wrote:
About 6.5
Lol

• Controls are horrible
    I play on PC, and aside from maybe the 'Tab' for closing interfaces that I'm not yet used to, everything is perfectly laid out in order of us.
  • Some graphical design mistakes
  • Elaborate?
  • Can't craft arrows (maybe I just haven't found how yet)
  • You haven't found out how yet ;)
  • Can't tell which quest is part of the story
  • The main quest you currently have is the one which has the biggest font size in the quest menu.
  • Some balancing issues: heavy armor NPCs seem to have less health than mage NPCs. Mage NPCs also hard to hit as melee: they slow you down and walk backwards, hard to catch up.
  • This is a known issue, I'll admit. Mages are well known to be incredibly overpowered currently in this game.
  • Some random wild monsters are stronger than the dragon (wtf?)
  • Dragons scale with you (For the most part). Wild monsters do not.
  • Other things I forgot to mention
  • I'll continue proving you wrong until you accept this is the best game ever ;)
For the record, 9.3:

• There's a small balancing issue with mages raping everything.
  • The interface, I dislike.
  • I experience random Framerate drops, despite dual nVidia GTX 580s.
  • The graphics are extortionately great. But don't get me wrong, they aren't bad. Ultra settings don't look incredible, but there are a few hidden settings in the .ini files which make a world of difference, but since this is freaking Skyrim, who cares that much about graphics? Gameplay is where it matters.
  • Animals are termed as witnesses. This is mostlikey due to an oversight by Bethesda, but you can't steal something infront of a Rabbit without it calling the cops on you. This is just an example of a few bugs with the vision/detection system.

Aside from those few issues, the game is incredible.
In response to El Wookie
El Wookie wrote:
I play on PC, and aside from maybe the 'Tab' for closing interfaces that I'm not yet used to, everything is perfectly laid out in order of us.
I play on PC too, <TAB> is bad, but most of menu is handled by keyboard, though I have to use god damn mouse to dual-wield weapons, also it's impossible to hotkey dual-wielded weapons.

Elaborate?
Have you watched Tom & Jerry? 'Active' objects were much clearer than the background, you could easily tell which objects they're going to use. In Skyrim some terrain objects are similar, they just keep catching my eye, it's really annoying.

You haven't found out how yet ;)
Maybe you could share how? :)
I'd like to train my Archery and without arrows it's kinda impossible.

The main quest you currently have is the one which has the biggest font size in the quest menu.
It all has same size. All 23 of them.

Dragons scale with you (For the most part). Wild monsters do not.
So far I had problems only with Elder Dragon, strongest monster I ever met. Normal Dragon gets owned by Giant.

I'll continue proving you wrong until you accept this is the best game ever ;)
Best - definitely not. Good - yes.
In response to Zaoshi
All your quests being the same size means you haven't yet found the main quest. Back track a bit to places you've been before and start talking to everyone.

Giants are well known for, as of yet, being practically invincible on Skyrim. Nobody knows why.
In response to El Wookie
I can kill giants in melee combat, same with mammoths. At least when they come 1 by 1.

Any chance you could spoil and tell which quests are in main quest line? (maybe I've done some)
In response to Zaoshi
Zaoshi wrote:
I can kill giants in melee combat, same with mammoths. At least when they come 1 by 1.

Any chance you could spoil and tell which quests are in main quest line? (maybe I've done some)

You sir should of bought the game guide ..... epic read.
In response to El Wookie
Actually go to your quest journal and press forward or backward ('W' or 'S'). I didn't realize you could pick which quests were story related :-P. You can also see this in the manual (page 10, top picture has 'Before the Storm' large and selected, middle pic has 'Miscellaneous' large and selected). AFAIK, the selected (larger font) quest is the one which Clairvoyance will point to (unless you have a custom marker set?).
In response to El Wookie
They are by no means invincible. They just have an incredible damage output, just like mages. Their attacks are easily dodged, and if you're an assassin like I am, you can sneak up behind it and deal the X15 damage modifier, or hit it a couple times with a bow for the X3 modifier. Assassin Archers are crazy deadly. My light armor skill is absolutely garbage because I'm so rarely hit. I one-shot everything as I go. I could dance in front of enemies and they won't see me.

Besides, you should adapt your combat style for each enemy you face, Obviously if you're a melee fighter trying to kill a frost mage, you would want magic/frost resistant armor and the Whirlwind Sprint shout to get up in their face. Bash them (if you aren't dual wielding), to stagger them. Unrelenting Force will send most enemies flying, allowing you to wail on them until they get up. You have COUNTLESS options, practically, to fight a frost mage as a melee fighter... Just because you can't just run up to it and hit it like every other game, doesn't make it unbalanced. Frost will obviously slow you down. Do something about it.