ID:27881

Keywords: website
We've rolled out an updated games.byond.com page, oriented around the guilds.

This is the latest step in making the system more community-oriented. Our large community of players and developers is our strongest asset, and we hope to encourage and energize the guilds.

Check 'em out, join 'em, and make some posts! From my experience in testing it, this page is a great way to keep up on the community, since it lists the latest blog post and forum post for each guild, and makes it easy to jump to the live games for that guild.

And we have lots more planned to help emphasize the guilds and Member pages...
I like it.
I like it, it still seems familiar though more organized unlike the front page (In my opinion o_o).
The menus look a little bare now.
But you need to fix all the menus on the top ranked and hub pages
You should make a Fan-Games guild.
looks weird
NEW GAMES PAGE SUX LOL

Just kidding. It looks great! Nice to see the guilds have not only members, but active games.
Xx Dark Wizard xX wrote:
You should make a Fan-Games guild.

I think the idea is that fan games should go in the same guild as non-fangames of the same type, since there's not really such a thing as a "fangame fan". There are anime fans, and RPG fans, and strategy fans, and so on; within those groupings, they don't really care whether the setting is derivative or not per se. They just care about whether or not the game is good.
Cool! It needed change anyway: not much people really used the games.byond.com page to find games, this should change it.
I don't like it.
I don't like it very much, but what say do I get in this?

But Tib's right, the menus do look a bit bare.
I don't like it.

We're open to suggestions...
I think it sucks :(
A.T.H.K, the king of constructive criticism. =P
It seems less friendly to new people and non-members. Its also kind of hard to browse for games without using the search box (in which case its not browsing because you would have to know the game name)

I think every (or most at least) of the game genres should be listed on the front page for the sake of people being able to browse for the types of games they like. It seems that the front page is more oriented around the guilds than the games.
It seems that the front page is more oriented around the guilds than the games.

This is somewhat true -- we want to encourage discussion and engagement around the games, so we're presenting them in terms of guilds. You can also think of guilds as categories, and in that way the top page is like the old channels.

We also hope to improve the search to make it easy to find any games you are interested in, and we've discussed ways to use keywords to make it easy to find kinds of games.

Thanks for the specific comments -- we don't mind criticism, but we can't do much about "It sucks!", while it really helps us to know what you don't like about it.
How about a singleplayer guild? A guild with.. single player games? Or games that are fun as single player as well as multiplayer... I've always been a fan of single player games with a multiplayer side... like Halo... most FPS have a 1-player mode... and uhh... I noticed(I doubt it'll change) that when you click on the action genre, you don't get ALL the action games, just a page or two of them... I think a "view all" option would be nice
I hope you plan on still arranging games based on genre and stuff (the links that display games based on genre).
Just curious, because I don't see it on the front page.

And honestly, the previous page was alot more friendly.
People go to the games page to find games, and before it had a nice list of a few random games that you might find interesting for each genre, including popular ones.

It seems that page is focused around COMMUNITIES focused around games, rather than the games themselves. And if that's the case, wouldn't it just do better to make a new section for the communities, and leave the gaming section alone as it is (perfect and all)?
The guilds themselves are the new "channels"... They are the new means of grouping the games by genre... And eventually, the hope is that all BYOND games will have been pulled into whichever guild fits them...

Currently, the entire system is still new, and since games are added manually to each respective guild by the people running that guild, they're not all included yet...
Page: 1 2