That entire concept is ridiculous.
How is it ridiculous?

The guilds are essentially nothing more than places that list games by category/genre... They happen to come with some added community functions, but those can be entirely ignored to simply use the guilds as game lists...
It adds unneccesary cluster.
The previous page was perfect, and I don't see why it needs to be clogged by adding these features.

We had a game list, one that included every single hub entry that is registered for BYOND, and it potentially saved you from 2 or 3 clicks.
I don't understand why we can't just use that one and forget about this community listing.

Besides, these guilds are run by sources outside of credible.
What happens when someone wants to see a list of all of the action-category games sorted from A to Z and gets a nice big picture of a girl's tits on the community page?

The guilds are essentially nothing more than places that list games by category/genre... They happen to come with some added community functions, but those can be entirely ignored to simply use the guilds as game lists...

We already listed games by genre.
If you want to be part of the community, there is a page that lists the guilds pertaining to that category.
If a game is part of a certain game's genre, maybe add a link to the community.

----

Now that I read my comment and think about this, I kind of understand why you might want to do it.
Anyway, do what you'd like.
It's not like I've ever contributed to BYOND anyway, cept for that 30$.

In any case...
If you happen to do this, I suggest you add further sorting and searching options (aswell as leave the 'top games' and list of all of the active games).
I'd rather not just get a big list of games that were selected random.
Keeth wrote:
The previous page was perfect

Except that nobody used it to find games, because it didn't have a proper selection. That system just wasn't working. Building a community around each "channel" will, in theory, ensure that they all get some individual TLC and thus stay useful.

Besides, these guilds are run by sources outside of credible.

You may not know this, but the guild leaders are hand-picked and trustworthy. There are content guidelines, and any person posting inappropriate material will of course be dealt with.
Yea, I understand the reasons behind the 'guild channels' or whatever you want to call them, although I still used the page to find games myself.

I was thinking more of keeping the simplicity of the original page than keeping the games perfectly categorized.

Though I didn't know the guild leaders were hand-picked.
Deadron wrote:
I don't like it.

We're open to suggestions...

Change it back.
Meh I dont care for it the old site was alot more simple to use this one you got to open up a bunch of sites just to see what is on this is going to eat up more bandwidth then before thats for sure.

You know if you guys honestly wanna make everyone happy why not just add an option to people logged in to run the new interface or the classic one. Honestly I dont mind the top ranking page gone or anything I mean sure it helped alot in keeping track of rank but meh I can live without that the thing I dislike a great deal is the simple fact that its now three times harder to find a game to play then it was before.

Now you got to run through all the channels to find something that you might like plus you got to go through this whole like winded guild page thing that loads even slower for 56k because of all the new large banners an crap. Then its almost a pain to find a game from there.

An god only knows what you guys have done to the hub for games that dont come with a hub. o.O...... To be honest the old version was simple an it was ment to allow users to use the system really easy an move about it this one its just a mess you have a crap load of channels you need to run through just to find what it was.

You might all call it logic finding a game but I dont.... Like if im in a game an someone tells me to go check out a game called I dunno... Muncher or something now i know its not a real game but you have no idea in your right mind what the hell channel that be in an you need to run through every bloody channel to find it or use the search but honestly I hate searching for games. Why? Simple when I go looking for games I tend to run into other things I wanna check out. Then to make matters worse if you search for it you will never know what bloody channel its in because it never tells you.

To be honest I know you guys want to put the guild system into use an im sure you guys worked at it hard but to be honest the system now is harder to work an a bigger mess then even the oldest version of the site that I remember an that was a while back. o.O...

Its not like I can stop you guys an even if I do tell you all this the only thing I might seen done is the fact that it will tell you what channel the games in when you search. xD I already know you guys have your mind made up thats just kind of how it goes so I dont see the point of comments to much but meh o.O k... Anyway thats what I think. :\ I miss the old hub >.>

Also as a note the guild ranking part of it I dont know who controls that but it still seems to me it can be rather easy to abuse if its ran by the public because people can all have multi accounts an if its ran by the person. Why do I wanna see the games in the order that they like I rather just have the default sort based on byond rank.. o.O Just a thought...

Only reason it took me so long to comment was because I wanted to give it a try an test it out before shooting it down... <.<

I stand corrected on that I just found the unpublished games area. So that one comment where ever it is just ignore it. o.O
I like the idea of the guilds but I don't think that the page should focus on them so much. The guild pages could still be there but the Top Ranked Games list should stay. Right now ranking is almost useless. Since not all people have a specific category of games they are dedicated to it's harder to just find a games that seem fun. The search function also seems to be working poorly now. I have typed in the exact name of the game and still have to go through a few pages to find it.
We'll be working on improving the search function shortly...
Ac19189 wrote:
Meh I dont care for it the old site was alot more simple to use this one you got to open up a bunch of sites just to see what is on this is going to eat up more bandwidth then before thats for sure.

You know if you guys honestly wanna make everyone happy why not just add an option to people logged in to run the new interface or the classic one. Honestly I dont mind the top ranking page gone or anything I mean sure it helped alot in keeping track of rank but meh I can live without that the thing I dislike a great deal is the simple fact that its now three times harder to find a game to play then it was before.

Now you got to run through all the channels to find something that you might like plus you got to go through this whole like winded guild page thing that loads even slower for 56k because of all the new large banners an crap. Then its almost a pain to find a game from there.

An god only knows what you guys have done to the hub for games that dont come with a hub. o.O...... To be honest the old version was simple an it was ment to allow users to use the system really easy an move about it this one its just a mess you have a crap load of channels you need to run through just to find what it was.

You might all call it logic finding a game but I dont.... Like if im in a game an someone tells me to go check out a game called I dunno... Muncher or something now i know its not a real game but you have no idea in your right mind what the hell channel that be in an you need to run through every bloody channel to find it or use the search but honestly I hate searching for games. Why? Simple when I go looking for games I tend to run into other things I wanna check out. Then to make matters worse if you search for it you will never know what bloody channel its in because it never tells you.

To be honest I know you guys want to put the guild system into use an im sure you guys worked at it hard but to be honest the system now is harder to work an a bigger mess then even the oldest version of the site that I remember an that was a while back. o.O...

Its not like I can stop you guys an even if I do tell you all this the only thing I might seen done is the fact that it will tell you what channel the games in when you search. xD I already know you guys have your mind made up thats just kind of how it goes so I dont see the point of comments to much but meh o.O k... Anyway thats what I think. :\ I miss the old hub >.>

Also as a note the guild ranking part of it I dont know who controls that but it still seems to me it can be rather easy to abuse if its ran by the public because people can all have multi accounts an if its ran by the person. Why do I wanna see the games in the order that they like I rather just have the default sort based on byond rank.. o.O Just a thought...

Only reason it took me so long to comment was because I wanted to give it a try an test it out before shooting it down... <.<

I stand corrected on that I just found the unpublished games area. So that one comment where ever it is just ignore it. o.O

Wft its so long i cant even read it O.o
DuelQuean, are you aware that you are a fucking retard?
Naruto: Dance of the Lotus

A new Naruto game for those of you who like them. At least 80% original. The map is 100% original, and even has the same layout as those ripped maps so it won't totally confuse you. The layers are a little smaller so you're not running for hours on end to get to one area.

A hand full of added jutsus, a ton of new face icons, totally original login screen, some jutsus are recoded to be more organized or to have different icons, and plenty of other things that are different! :D

If you have some "Naruto Hate Fetish" fine... you don't have to play. If you're willing, come play :P
lol xD
lol all
xD DuelQuean
[url=http://www.byond.com/?invite=Brucesaff][img]http:// www.byond.com/rsc/byond_button1.gif[/img][/url]
Page: 1 2