ID:28114

Keywords: software
(Windows update) (notes)

Version 355.914 contains two minor changes for Windows:
  • Fixed: when installed on Windows from a non-administrator account, the byond:// protocol was not registered, and BYOND programs could not find the BYOND data directory.
  • Added text-mode Dream Maker (dm.exe) on Windows.

BYOND 354 remains the latest version for Unix.

Please post thorough bug reports in the Bug Reports forum, and general discussion in the comments here.
Woot. An update! Keep up the good work.

But... to me, it seems like dm.exe is a step backwards. Why anyone would want it, and what the applicable uses are, are beyond my comprehension...

I played around with it for a bit, but don't really see how it does anything I can't already do in a GUI environment with dream maker.
Zagreus wrote:
to me, it seems like dm.exe is a step backwards. Why anyone would want it, and what the applicable uses are, are beyond my comprehension...

You can now automatically compile worlds in Windows, which is very nifty.
Nice, I was wondering when you guys would come out with the dm.exe! Great work guys!
I wish the pager would let you change the background color(by background i mean the area where text/info/ect is displayed). Thank for the update anyway =D
We have a new pager that we are beta-testing. It allows configuration of the style (colors + fonts), as well as some other stuff.
Woot! I think I'm going to write my own IDE, then. Just a simple IDE, no icon editor or map editor or anything.
That was my first thought as well, making a new IDE. I'd like have to an icon editor in there as well... or at least a way to compile multiple images into a dmi. I could definitely pull off a map editor though.
Zagreus wrote:
But... to me, it seems like dm.exe is a step backwards. Why anyone would want it, and what the applicable uses are, are beyond my comprehension....

More freedom. We can now use our preferred IDE, or make our own.
Awesome, but now can you fix the Unread News box on the front page? :P
Kunark wrote:
Awesome, but now can you fix the Unread News box on the front page? :P

Not when there's no bug. Click the Read all... link.
But I have read all! I was up to date when this latest announcement came out. I click on the subject line, and I read the whole post. Therefore I shouldn't have to click the "Read all..." button to clear the news. :(
mine just wont log in can sum1 help i hav downloaded a fresh new byond and made a new key and i hav stoped my firewall from blocking it from conecting to the internet but wen i go on a game it says conecting 4 about 5 secs and den says conection faild any1 no wat to do plz?
Sinyc stop complaining. :P

KennyHoHoHo, I suggest you go to the BYOND FAQ, failing that go to the BYOND forums and explain your problem in legible english - then I'm sure someone will be glad to help you. :)
hiya, I've upgraded my pc to windows xp and now i'm trying to get back into byond with my account and it's not allowing me to launch the byond 355... I don't have the firewall up and I already have my key.. can someone plz help me?
I know this may sound a little repetitive and I know it takes a lot of work to do what you guys are doing, but when do you predict BYOND 4.0 will be out? I've been with BYOND for about 4 years, and I love everything you guys do. Just keep up the good work.
I think the rumours say, sometime this year.
ok so i just downloaded the software and the dream seeker is just saying : offline; no news to report now" what the hell is going on?
BuiltByBasic wrote:
ok so i just downloaded the software and the dream seeker is just saying : offline; no news to report now" what the hell is going on?

I think what you need to do is not necropost and make a post in the BYOND forums for help.
i downloaded byond and installed it and all that and ive been playing with it for about 2 mounths but i uninstalled it one day on accident then a day later i installded it again and it wont work like i will push dream seeker on the menu and on desktop but nuthin will work and i pressed ctrl alt delt to push task mannger and it says dream seeker is runnig and i left it on for like a whole day but nuthin will ever pop up o and by the way how do you get to your fire wall and i tried roving but byond just pops up
Page: 1 2