In response to Falacy
Falacy wrote:
None of it matters, really. The noobs who would need to use a library for something would never bother to actually read through it anyway.

noobs who would need to use a library

*cough cough* Really?

The awkwardly placed whitespace, and unnecessary comments certainly contribute to the poor readability.
He did over do the comments a bit, but I really don't see how its over complicated.
It's actually extremely simple.

In response to Chowder
Forum_account wrote:
One catch would be having a door that's shown as being two tiles wide on the outside but one tile wide on the inside.

Isn't that what the target system is for?
In response to Falacy
Falacy wrote:
His library is pointlessly overcomplicated, barely readable, and still has no type checking.

A library does not need to be readable or simple. Why do you think it does? A tutorial should be. A demo should be. A library? Nope. I don't understand why you think otherwise.
There's something I don't like about the first example:

turf/Enter(mob/m)
m.loc = locate(4, 30, 1)

It seems weird to start off showing the wrong way to do something. Maybe the reader wouldn't have made that mistake. There's nothing wrong with showing a naive approach and working towards some goal, but this starting point seems deliberately bad.

I realize it was taken from an actual post, but unless I'm missing something I don't think this is a terribly common mistake. If you had used Entered() in that example, you'd still have a lot to say to explain how it could be improved.
People do seem to confuse Enter() and Entered() a lot though. Another thing I've noticed is that a lot of people try to use usr in them instead of using arguments and asserting the argument's type.
Page: 1 2