Regressia

by IainPeregrine
Regressia
Relive the glory days of gaming with a new single-player RPG. Regressia is a BYOND game like no other. It is 100% complete and uses all original Graphics, Music, and Programming. This is the real experience.
ID:287808

Just wondering how many hours it would take to finish the game. While I do enjoy the demo a lot, an $11USD price tag does seem a bit high. So, depending on how many hours it does take will decide whether or not I purchase a subscription.
I won't be able to give an accurate answer until people start winning the game and saying how long it took them. A substantial part of the game is training, exploring, and gathering information. I know the most effective way to train, where everything is, and all the information, but I don't know how long it would take for you to get to that point.

Foomer made a Guesstimate of 10 hours based on a comment I made on the game's hub. That sounds like a fair estimate, but I think it all depends how much you enjoy the game. If you really enjoy the game, I've added extra stuff for you to appreciate. How many hours can you get from a particularly tough and smart random encounter? If you're like me, you'll try and see if you can defeat him using several different equipment sets and strategies. If you're really like me, then you'll come back and play the game again in another year's time - My NES still works, as do all my cartridges.

The last thing I'd like to note is that 10 hours might be a little low. I've played the game straight through without using my diagnostic commands, and from my experience it'll probably take you longer than that.

Your character brings up an interesting point. The game after the demo section is balanced without taking into account that people might level until their godly, and THEN purchase a subscription. If you keep training Tikey, you'll find the areas immediately following the demo to be rather easy, but the monsters should catch up eventually. If you want to continue playing the demo, I'd suggest copying your player.sav file and keeping an old one around, named something like "player_storage.sav".
In response to IainPeregrine
For what it's worth, I've put in more than 10 hours so far (at least 14, likely more) and I haven't beaten the game yet.

An in-game "time played" stat like that in the pokemon games would be cool.

[edit]
Iain says I haven't hit the halfway mark yet, so I'll say there's definitely a full game here with plenty to do!