Regressia

by IainPeregrine
Regressia
Relive the glory days of gaming with a new single-player RPG. Regressia is a BYOND game like no other. It is 100% complete and uses all original Graphics, Music, and Programming. This is the real experience.
ID:287819

Pray tell what are the benefits of being a subscriber? I find gold awfully hard to make in this game.. does it get better? I am still in the beginning walk-through but did buy a subscription. I am currently level 10 and trying to make enough gold to buy the iron equipment and more bandages. Yes I have the heal spell but lol gumdrops cost too and the amount needed to spend a healing night at the inn increases with each city.... yet gold intake does not. Could you help me out with my questions? You can reply to me via [email protected]. Thanks much. Mysty
As far as I understood it, the 'sole' benefit of a subscription the step from demo to full game.
Or in other words, you unlock a lot of content ;)

But don't nail me down on that one.
In response to Schnitzelnagler
hmm I am still in the town where I have to board a ship to move on past a blockade. I have not noticed anything else opened up to me as of yet.
In response to JadedMyst
Did you check with the two nice reviews on BYOND RPG?
Thanks for the subscription

The benefit of purchasing a subscription is that you can play the game the entire way through; the demo only covers up to the naval battle in the town you are currently in.

The balance issues you've mentioned have been hard for me to address. My original testers found that they gained levels much too quickly and welcomed the changes, while the BYOND community seems divided on what they need more of: gold, exp, or stat increases per level. I recognize that these are important balance issues, but I do not currently see a clear way to address them without making the game much too easy, and one of the first goals of the project was to make an engaging and challenging game.

The biggest obstacle blocking an update is simply time. We all experience changes to the amount of free time we have throughout the year, and I don't have much right now (today I'm dealing with an illness, which means a day at home in front of the TV/Computer/Refrigerator/Other-Glowing-Rectangle).

In the meantime please post any feedback you have as this gives me a clear image of how other people play the game. It helps me most when the feedback is very specific: "The game is too hard" doesn't tell me anything, but specifics like "I'm fighting a Satyr at level 20 with a storm shield, the D.Slayer axe, Terra armor, and the Medal relic, but I'm still getting my ass handed to me because of his 'weak' spell" can really help a lot.

Thanks again
In response to IainPeregrine
IainPeregrine wrote:
The balance issues you've mentioned have been hard for me to address. My original testers found that they gained levels much too quickly and welcomed the changes, while the BYOND community seems divided on what they need more of: gold, exp, or stat increases per level.

Did you consider offering an advanced version of a rather common solution?
A lot of single-player RPGs offer various difficulty levels (Easy/Medium/Hard/What have you), which you could tweak through a bonus system. You could allow adventurers to gain blessings at the beginning of the game, each from a different deity. Lady Lu..mmox holding her hand over your loot, Tom being proud on your talent and granting you additional experience from battle and the great Iain providing you with some more talent. With each increase, you pay by being set down a fame (difficulty) rank.

This way, people can customize their adventure, yet have an encouragement to play an engaging and challenging game.