Regressia

by IainPeregrine
Regressia
Relive the glory days of gaming with a new single-player RPG. Regressia is a BYOND game like no other. It is 100% complete and uses all original Graphics, Music, and Programming. This is the real experience.
ID:287833

Well, I've encountered a few bugs while playing Regressia

Here they are:

1) If you go back to the place where you battle Lorcan for a second time (The time before you get taken to the nomad village) you can refight him over and over (Seems to be invicable though)

2) If you go onto the island left of Willognook and equip the bait charm, you will be attacked by frigate, as your player, not as a ship. If the frigate gets a chance to attack you, it will freeze up.

3) the chest on the 5th floor of the ancient castle, if you die while fighting the monster, you won't be able to get whatever that item was. (Intended?, this might apply to other chests liket his)

4) The walk-though refers to the guy in the temple as brother john, although all the townspeople say hes not brother john, he some other name i don't remember right now( tom?).

5) The guide says you can get rid of fish by talking to brother john at the temple, but brother john is neither at the temple, or does the guy whos there take your fish from you (is a fish still a worthless item?)

6) When shopping, or anywhere else that your money appears in a hud, if you have over 100,000 it only displays the xx,xxx, it looks like there could be room for the first place value, but maybe not.

7) The medal "The end" Doesn't seem to be awarding. (I'm assuming that when you kill the final boss, the one at the end of the walk-though, it is suppose to award.)
Thanks for the reports. I'll fix these and have an update in the next couple days.

1) If you go back to the place where you battle Lorcan for a second time (The time before you get taken to the nomad village) you can refight him over and over (Seems to be invicable though)

My last major update allowed players to save when they die. This has caused numerous problems with the quest system - I think this is one of them.

2) If you go onto the island left of Willognook and equip the bait charm, you will be attacked by frigate, as your player, not as a ship. If the frigate gets a chance to attack you, it will freeze up.

I caught this the other day while testing something else. It's already fixed in the code base, but I didn't want to release an update just for that.

3) the chest on the 5th floor of the ancient castle, if you die while fighting the monster, you won't be able to get whatever that item was. (Intended?, this might apply to other chests liket his)

This is the "save after dying" bug at work again. I had the same problem with the gold Drake encounter, so fixing this will take no time at all.

4) The walk-though refers to the guy in the temple as brother john, although all the townspeople say hes not brother john, he some other name i don't remember right now( tom?).

There is a brother Tom and a brother John. If the walk-through calls the guy in the temple "John" then I'll need to update it with the proper name. Pay attention to what people tell you about the John character, as it may shed some light on the Regressia storyline.

5) The guide says you can get rid of fish by talking to brother john at the temple, but brother john is neither at the temple, or does the guy whos there take your fish from you (is a fish still a worthless item?)

Last I checked, the fish was being removed properly. You need to have completed the "clear water" quest in order to have access to this service, though. I'll double check this, maybe I broke it with an update.

6) When shopping, or anywhere else that your money appears in a hud, if you have over 100,000 it only displays the xx,xxx, it looks like there could be room for the first place value, but maybe not.

How did you get so damn much money? This is simply a limitation of the system. I have to cut off the size of the number somewhere, right? If it's displaying the wrong number, that's something I'll have to change, but so long as you have that much money I don't think you have to worry about knowing exactly how much it is.

7) The medal "The end" Doesn't seem to be awarding. (I'm assuming that when you kill the final boss, the one at the end of the walk-though, it is suppose to award.)

None of the medals award if you don't have your pager open. I could add a key information saving feature, or I could work on other projects. ...like actual /work/ work. I'll give it a shot. If I can get it done without too much of a hassle, then I'll do it. It would be a good thing, as most people have been missing out on this and other end of game medals.

Glad you're enjoying the game. If you have any other suggestions or bugs to report, keep them coming.
In response to IainPeregrine
Thanks for looking into these bugs.

About the fish again, I think that brother tom might not be taking my fish because the temple outside of the town seems to have disappeared and has been replaced by a tree. I had already completed the clear water quest, and got my cursed equipment purified, and I would have no idea what I did to have the temple disappear. I also think I have a pretty good idea how john plays into the story line.

IainPeregrine wrote
How did you get so damn much money?

Oh, Well, i finally decided to give up trying to reach the top of the "omen" mountain after trying everything i could think up. So i decided to put it to good use: Gypsy armor + omen mountain + weight on up key + lunch time = tons of money. I should have added to my list of bugs before, but it didn't come to me at the time, its abuse-able nevertheless.
In response to Higoten
Higoten wrote:
So i decided to put it to good use: Gypsy armor + [redacted] + weight on up key + lunch time = tons of money.

Old games were full of workarounds like this. I remember creating new party members in Ultima: Exodus just to steal their money. I like it; well done.
Found another bug:

There is a mountain cave entrance that is surrounded by other dense mountains. After doing some less-than-standard exploring, I found out that the problem isn't getting to the mountain entrance, the problem is that the mountain cave entrance doesn't take you anywhere.

Might be a misicon or something. there is one part in the game where you can see it, though.
In response to Higoten
Could you be more specific about where this mountain is, and at what part in the game you found it? Maybe post a screen shot? As it is, I don't know how to reproduce this bug so I can fix it.
Yeah, I didn't want to spoil to much. But, you can see this at the end of the game when the credits are running by and the cameras flying across the map. I caught it in a screen shot before to get a better look at it( [redacted] (Upper middle)). It inspired me to try again at [redacted]
In response to Higoten
Higoten wrote:
Yeah, I didn't want to spoil to much. But, you can see this at the end of the game when the credits are running by and the cameras flying across the map. I caught it in a screen shot before to get a better look at it( [redacted] (Upper middle)). It inspired me to try again at [redacted]

Hey, cool. There are all sorts of spots in towns and dungeons where I hide NPCs and boats and other things that I'm not using. Like in Eastarbor. When it's occupied, the guards walk freely through the town. When you free it, the guards are sent to a little 3x3 "dungeon" to walk around in. This is one of those spots that I made to hide stuff, only I forgot about it when I later made the ending sequence. I'll fix it for the next release. Thanks again.
All the bugs in this post have been addressed in version 1.16. There are still some issues unresolved, like the medals not awarding because people don't play with their pager open.