Casual Quest

by IainPeregrine
A fast paced, casual, multi player action game with a little RPG touch
ID:287884

Well I didn't know whether to maybe tack this on to ninja but I'll just make a seperate topic. It was brought up a couple of days ago that Druid has connotations of a Nature mage and that our Druid doesn't quite fit that bill. I thought about this while I was trying to sleep last night.
(Don't ask why >.<) Well I came up with maybe putting my (scrapped) custom skill in for z and c. the Druids z is a standard heal 1/1 (hp healed/aura) and his C is practically useless as it halves his damage output. (3 mana for 2 damage with 1 fireball left over =4 vs 4 fireballs=8) So i put it out there that maybe we can eliminate c and replace Z with the grow Cherry Tree ability. This ability for those who have not heard is a sage ball that drops an object (Tree) that has 1 or 2 cherries on it. Maybe it just drops them or possibly you have to hit the tree to get it to drop a cherry. I think this will make the Druid more true to his name but it wont keep me up if it doesn't get changed. 8P
Well, to be honest, I really like the druid as a non-sub - quite literally, it combines the most necessary skills of the two classes that makes it. To put it on another way, I might be biased as it is one of my favorite tier 2s, but it's a CQ Red Mage.

Maybe instead of trying to develop another skill set, we might just try and call another class name... -.- Yeah, it is taking the very easy way out, but it does seem most adequate to keep the skill set.
I kinda understand what you're getting at here but keep in mind that a druid's job isn't to be a damage dealer, not ever class is about damage, damage, damage. Druids are a purely supportive class that make use of their versatility to adapt to the situation, a druid's job is to sit back, observe and help the team from the back lines, if you see a monster about to run into someone, knock it away from them with a fireball, if someone is low on hitpoints, heal them. Also seeking blast's lock on capabilities make it useful all on it's own, it's one of the few projectiles capable of flying diagonally and will if it locks onto a slime it'll follow it till the slime lands on it which is incredibly useful since they tend to hop very often. it also gives you some more freedom on your positioning. This combined with the druid's rather generous aura regen makes it a solid class. Seeking blast is expensive though, maybe Iain could work in a weaker 1 damage version that costs less.