Casual Quest

by IainPeregrine
A fast paced, casual, multi player action game with a little RPG touch
ID:287899

Will go here.

If/when Iain says they do.
Hello everyone,

So, the description should be a general description of what the class is like (quick, slow, distance, close-fighter), perhaps a tie into the story origin on the hub?, and anything particularly useful to know about each class.

As the subject topic implies, the abilities also should be listed. This will include their main weapon (sword, axe, chain, etc.). The ability information required is which ability is it (Main Weapon, Z, X, or C), how much damage it does, and a brief description of what they all do.

Iain or I will provide a sample description of a class soon, so you all can see how this should look, but if any of you want to begin writing the class descriptions now, feel free. ;)

The classes we will need include:

Knight
Dragoon
Royal Knight
Acolyte
Paladin
Crusader
Cleric
Templar
High Priest
Mage
Dark Knight
Dark Lancer
Druid
Hero
Sage
Wizard
Warlock
Lich
Sorcerer
Archer
Barbarian
Warlord
Bard
Monk
Minstrel
Nomad
Berserker
Dervish
Conjurer
Pirate
Assassin
Gypsy
Vampire
Rogue
Rebel
Fighter
Healer
Magician
Anarchist
Gnome (Unsure if to include, but I'll put it here for now.)

I will be uploading all the files necessary to determine the information for the descriptions. If you would like, you may input the descriptions you have directly into the hero.dm file, when it is uploaded.

In response to CauTi0N
Ahoy Caution. I think you forgot to attach the card.dm file with your last email. Any way you could get that file to me so I can take a look at it?
In response to IainPeregrine
Check your e-mail again.
In response to CauTi0N
Here are the code files so you all can have a look at the values of the various skills and what-not. Iain, if you have any changes to these files just tell the members in a response. You may update the descriptions in a reply (just include the class and description), or you may update them within the Hero.dm file ("Heroes" link) and email them to IainPeregrine or I. My email is [email protected].

Heroes
Weapons/Projectiles
Skills

We appreciate the community help.
In response to CauTi0N
CauTi0N wrote:
Here are the code files so you all can have a look at the values of the various skills and what-not. Iain, if you have any changes to these files just tell the members in a response. You may update the descriptions in a reply (just include the class and description), or you may update them within the Hero.dm file ("Heroes" link) and email them to IainPeregrine or I. My email is [email protected].

We appreciate the community help.

So to make things clear - do we just fill in the following line:
description{""}
with a description of the class? If you guys don't mind, I'd like to help out as well. I won't say that I'm good with it, but I'd like to try anyways. :P
In response to Sudzzuds
Right. There may be a bit of HTML formatting IainPeregrine may choose to display to you all at his own disclosure, but essentially that's all there is to it.

Thanks for the help!
In response to CauTi0N
Hi everyone!

Heros (modified)

I don't have Byond membership (nor do I want one at the moment thanks to my lack of Byond coding knowledge) which is why this is hosted via MediaFire. Hope no one minds.

Anyways, I've gone ahead and done descriptions for every class (including adventurer, thanks to Iain) except for the special teir 0s (so Byond Adventurer, Regressia Adventurer, and Harordhu Adventurer) in the file. Read them and see if they are to your liking.

If not, tell me what you want and I'll work on them again. It's kinda become a pet project for me now. :P

PS: Oh yes - I do need to mention that I changed some of the class_name variables. These are _blank (added), lich, assassin, and rebel. Please check to make sure that I didn't break the coding.
In response to CauTi0N
We're going to need descriptions for all the skills, too. In the descriptions you should say how much damage the skill/projectile does. Instead of saying "it does 2 damage" and then that being wrong when we change the amount of damage it does, say "it does ~p damage" and I'll do some programming magic to make that ~p into the correct amount of damage. See CauTiON's post for the files you'll need. Edit the skills/abilities file, the projectiles file is just so you can get damage info. If we can get the abilities descriptions out of the way, we can update by Friday, and then start working on fun stuff.
In response to Sudzzuds
Well, I got in touch with Iain, and he wanted something that explains further as to what the class does, instead of talking about their skills. So I'll try to get on that.

Knight

Old:
A beginner in front line combat, the Knight brings more health to take more hits, a silver sword to slay monsters in close combat, and a sheild to deflect enemy projectiles.

New:
The front line warrior, Knights jump right into the fray of things with their swords and shields. They can also take more hits thanks to their armor.
How are we to describe the skills? I can partially read the code, but you guys didn't leave any space to enter descriptions.

---

I just looked at both the heroes file and the skills file again. I can try and add a description={""} line - problem is, I don't know when in the code you want me to put it in. I can basically find 2 spots for most of them: either before the activate(){} block or after.

Long story short, tell me where you guys want me to put a description variable. Otherwise, I'm probably gonna have to write them all in text and upload onto the forum.
In response to Sudzzuds
Thanks for the help Sudzzuds. I'll upload the change later, but in hero_skills.dm, at the very top when the skill datum is declared, we will include the variable like so.

game/hero/skill {
parent_type = /skill
var game/hero/owner, description=null

As well, for each skill, it will be located before the activate() procedure. For example,

heal {
description={""}
activate() {

Then, it will function the same way as the hero classes have. Thanks!
In response to CauTi0N
I think my brain has completely fried up and become scrambled eggs.

As per Iain's request, I did not hard-code any values, instead, you will find ~p's all over the place.

Otherwise, please help check and ensure that I didn't break code. With this much stuff, I lose track of "s and {}s and whatnots. Spelling also might suffer too.

Hero Skills (modified)

Thanks for the fun~! I'll go back and work on the class descriptions again. For Iain's sake. :P
Hey, check out your e-mail Iain. I sent you the latest update.
In response to CauTi0N
Got it. Working with it now.