Casual Quest

by IainPeregrine
A fast paced, casual, multi player action game with a little RPG touch
ID:287919

Well,this is just a suggestion.

I personally believe that customs should only be able to be activated on a card wave. I don't like the fact that you can die,then reappear next round as your custom again,while everybody else is forced to go through card waves to change their class.
Cool, I agree. Here's the deal, though:

Once upon a time CQ was not as active as it is now. The tier3 classes did not exist, and I offered subscriptions (consisting of just a custom character) to some people for $5. They would be able to play with their customs when they joined. Later, the game became more complex, I added the tier3 subscriber classes, and customs were no longer accepted. Then I needed some cash, so I offered customs for $30, but you'd have to wait until you got to tier3 and then got a card (so about 4 cards).

Now, would it be fair for me to change the customs of the people who already paid for the old system? Say you paid money to be able to play with some class whenever you wanted, and then I came around and said "Nope, I've changed it, that doesn't work anymore". You'd say "give me back my money". So, the old customs use the old system, the new customs use the new system. Players are free to voluntarily switch from the old system to the new system, but I can't force them, and many of them don't want to..
In response to IainPeregrine
Oh,i didn't know people were paying money to use the custom whenever they wanted. I just thought they were just paying for the custom itself.
In response to Chainblade1
Chainblade1 wrote:
Oh,i didn't know people were paying money to use the custom whenever they wanted. I just thought they were just paying for the custom itself.

Chain, it's more about when these people payed for their custom. Those that have customs when they start playing are literally the first subscribers (we're talking about a year ago take a month or so).

Just read Iain's response again, and it'll make sense. Granted, some customs are unbalanced, but that just states how old they are - they existed from before tier 3 existed.