Guardians

by Falacy
Battle alongside your allies in an effort to defend loot from hordes of monsters!
ID:288398

Bug: Reviving doesn't add the unit back to the total troops, meaning you can get negative troops and bypass the 250 limit.

Bug: (Might be intentional, but doesn't seem like it) When the gold is set to shared, if a player sells a unit, they get the money instead of the pot, and it's only spendable if the entire pot is used up. I.e
In pot: 2000
I sell a Squire
In pot: 2000
My personal amount: 100
I can't use that 100 until the 2000 is spent.

Weird bug (Probably nothing to do with you, more likely a byond derp): After around wave 100, my screen froze (Note it was just mine, not anyone elses) however the output, statpanel and sounds all functioned as normal, yet I couldn't actually DO anything. (That game's still running, just passed wave 200, haven't been able to actually do anything since wave 100, but my base seems pretty indestructible)

Suggestions:
Add a tooltip telling players that you can attack units via running into them. I spent a good two hours getting assfurious when I just kept losing, trying to play classic GG style.

A tooltip telling players that flying units can, actually fly! If I had of known I could place Saints on the walls and water much earlier, it would of saved me a LOT of hassle.

Catapults! As an enemy. No longer will your front line be the only area you need to watch. They can randomly fire a boulder within a 5 tile radius of the gold, and a 3x3 area of units is effected by the damage.

One of the main things I seem to find actually ends up beating me, is that the spawning is horribly one sided, but you can't accommodate for it without spending oodles of gold.
If I stand in the center, the bottom and left sides get completely destroyed in comparison to the top and right sides, so my instinct is to defend those sides, but when I do, less seem to spawn there!
Whilst perfectly fine if intentional, it just ends up frustrating me as opposed to creating more challenge.

Weather? I mean, could seem a bit gimmicky, but rain weakening Warlords and dragons, brought on by a certain condition. Or wind causing one side to be buffeted away while the other is buffeted towards.

Traps! A new class of three units, consisting of:
Ground Spikes (Causes damage on enemy when they step on it, wouldn't effect flying units obviously)
Pit Trap (Causes instant death on a unit stepping into it, wouldn't effect bosses or flying units, or spiders. Once used up, the pit trap will not trap another enemy, but will still remain in place, so you can't replace it. Kind of a final-line of defense style thing)
Flame Trap (Causes a 5x5 area of Warlord-tier flame damage upon stepped on, but would be removed after use. Low cost to offset limited usability)

A panic button for players, which will alert all other online players to their location.

That's all for now.
-Rushnut
Oh my, definatly add a kind of lock feature for the game.

If you're one of the players that was present for the starting wave, or the host of the server, then you are able to 'lock' the players. I just had an idiot join my server and make absolutely butt tons of Warlords, and I'm fearful of a server crash.
Just a few more suggestions for a little more varied gameplay:

New medals:
Centurian war: Reach wave 100

Variety is the spice of life: Purchase all upgrades and at least one of every unit

With friends like these: Play a game with 5 other players

Defense is the best offense: Reach wave 10, constantly maintaining a 2 light mage to 1 dark mage ratio

The basics: Reach wave 30 using only the basic unit of each class

Lead by example: Achieve 1000 hero kills

Waste not want not: Have 250 active troops at one point

Dedication: Reach a time of 3600 (An hour)

Greed: Reach wave 30 without losing any gold
In response to El Wookie
El Wookie wrote:
Just a few more suggestions for a little more varied gameplay:

New medals:
Centurian war: Reach wave 100

Variety is the spice of life: Purchase all upgrades and at least one of every unit

With friends like these: Play a game with 5 other players

Defense is the best offense: Reach wave 10, constantly maintaining a 2 light mage to 1 dark mage ratio

The basics: Reach wave 30 using only the basic unit of each class

Lead by example: Achieve 1000 hero kills

Waste not want not: Have 250 active troops at one point

Dedication: Reach a time of 1440 (An hour)

Greed: Reach wave 30 without losing any gold

Centurian War: You should have said something like, A Century of War and Annihilation , Centurian just sounds like some type of Race O_o

And as for Greed, what do you mean with- OH, I get it :3

Anyways, nice ideas! Would love if these would be implemented [:
This is the second time that this has happened now, the first was with a load of friends who can all vouch for it, the first time it happened was at wave around 50, this time it's happened at 56 and I have screenshots as proof.

The bug:
One enemy doesn't seem to want to come and play with my epic awesome mega-base. Perfectly understandable since it causes assfurious amounts of rape, but it's down hearting considering it means I can't continue the game since it won't die.

http://files.byondhome.com/ElWookie/nope.png

http://files.byondhome.com/ElWookie/Nope2.png (lolmsn)

Also can I submit this for a screenshot to go on the hub? :D

http://files.byondhome.com/ElWookie/Yes.png
It looks like a tiling error when seen in game, as if the bottom left pool of water's right side is one pixel off, and it's horribly distracting for someone as picky as myself, although not really a big issue, fixing it would cause me some relief. Since I'm like obviously the most important person in the world *-*

Close up reveals it's just a visual illusion, the castle shadow is one pixel to the right of where the new tile starts, which darkens as the water 'flows', causing the optical illusion that there's a tiling error.

http://files.byondhome.com/ElWookie/tiling.png

Note you can see it MUCH clearer when actually in-game.
Might be intentional, but god fucking damn I hope it isn't:
Old highscores are removed when you start a new game.
Ex: My previous high score of wave 540 has been removed because I've reached wave 90 on a new game.

I want my old highscore put back up of wave 540, time was like 19000. =/

This also means that I can't host a server without using Dream Daemon, or can't afk in a server without the worry that my old high score will be overwritten inadvertently.
In response to El Wookie
I tested and didn't seem to have a problem with high-scores being overwritten with lower ones, so I don't know what's going on there. If you're AFK in spectator mode, scores shouldn't set regardless.
In response to Falacy
Well if you view the highscores, you can see for yourself it's moved me down. I could attempt to re-create the instance again if you wished.
When spectating you are still able to kill enemies.
In response to El Wookie
That's not a bug o_o

Didn't Falacy make it like that?
In response to Kenny84
It seems strange that you can perform actions whilst spectating, goes against the whole point of spectating.
In response to El Wookie
I understand that Spectating is just another Synonym of watching and watchers can only... Watch. It'd be best if Falacy were to change the name but... the real question here is... to what?
In response to El Wookie
It's confirmed. It's done it again for me, I'm now high scored with a wave of 85.

I sure do hope you get this fixed, cause I'm going to set a new high score, then until you get it fixed, I won't play at all.
Or uhh, the host at least. Currently all we can do is reset, which is kinda inefficient.

Master-Sell: Allow the host to sell anyone's units (Because if they can reset, they may as well be able to do this too). This helps when the server is lagging due to some idiot (Silent Assassin) covering the entire map with Warlords.

Lock-Players: (I recommend giving this to people who were around for the first wave too) Prevents any new players joining the active game (They auto-spectate and can't de-spectate.)

Bench: Put a player into the spectating team (Only works pre-wave 2). Helpful for people who are inactive in the game, leeching your precious high scores.

Set-MotD: As a host, I often run multiple servers at once, and I have priorities, so I like to set rules up in each server such as 'Lol don't lag this stoof'. Being able to set up a little informative MoTD which players can read would be much helpful.
In response to Falacy
*Note that I don't want my old score put up, now that I've surpassed it anyway, but I'll still be glad to demo the bug for you on an Alt.
In response to Falacy
Yeah it's DEFINATLY screwed up, my highscore of wave 665 has been replaced with:

#78 El Wookie 4 102 103 10
In response to El Wookie
Yes, scores are over writing old ones.

I had an old score of 40, now it's 4 because i tried to get the medal 'Solo Warrior' (or whatever it is).
In response to El Wookie
Scores might be fixed now
In response to El Wookie
El Wookie wrote:
Or uhh, the host at least. Currently all we can do is reset, which is kinda inefficient.

Master-Sell: Allow the host to sell anyone's units (Because if they can reset, they may as well be able to do this too). This helps when the server is lagging due to some idiot (Silent Assassin) covering the entire map with Warlords.

Lock-Players: (I recommend giving this to people who were around for the first wave too) Prevents any new players joining the active game (They auto-spectate and can't de-spectate.)

Bench: Put a player into the spectating team (Only works pre-wave 2). Helpful for people who are inactive in the game, leeching your precious high scores.

Set-MotD: As a host, I often run multiple servers at once, and I have priorities, so I like to set rules up in each server such as 'Lol don't lag this stoof'. Being able to set up a little informative MoTD which players can read would be much helpful.

This would be very....helpful.
Page: 1 2