ID:29187

Warning 180kb image file ->

Full size here ->http://files.byondhome.com/Strawgate/ Auto%20BattleBots%204-5.JPG

Thats the second generation of my groups battle bot, we will be modifying the first bot to include that.

Details:
The armor is 1/4 to 1/8 inch lexon armor
2 12 volt rechargeable batteries
Weight Limit is 15 pounds
Wheels are 5 inches while body is 3-4 to allow invertible control
The weapon is a steel(I believe) cylinder that has incredibly sharp small spikes lining it(Sort of like brussels on a vacuum.
According to the rules you have to have an emergency off switch located on the robot, the bolts on the back are to prevent anyone from hitting it.
There is small rotating things on each side to enable us to drive with 2 wheels.
Small lining on the side is 1" angled aluminum for a durable frame. There is a cross bar at the top to allow support

We have not figured out a viable mounting mechanism for the motors as of yet, the old design had the wheels on the outside which allowed us to mount them directly to the lexan/aluminum, but because we lost the tournament because we lost a wheel, we decided to change the plan.

Luckily for us, no opponent tried to go for the belt on the weapon, which if snapped would have sent the belt flinging around inside of our bot and potentially damaging parts as well as removing our ability to fight. The new belt is located in a slit in the center to make it so it is not exposed at all.

The old version had 2 ball things on one side for some strange reason, which actually made one wheel slightly off the ground leaving the turning on the right side almost non existent.

Details on Lexan:
Expensive plastic
Used as bulletproof shielding
Incredibly light
Not very strong, but it almost refuses to break, it will stretch a tremendous amount before it actually breaks, the most damage we have had is a small hole on one plate. Everywhere else is just small dents.

Old Bot:

Full size here
http://members.byond.com/Strawgate/files/ Auto%20BattleBots%20Old.JPG
Thank you for bringing the world one step closer to machine domination.
You say that like its a bad thing.
How does the weapon work?
Darke, the weapon is a steel(?) cylinder layed horizontally. This cylinder has many holes that we put spikes into. The cylinder has a small rubber thing attached to it so we can use a belt from the motor to the weapon. So basically it's a steel cylinder with spikes that spins. I am not actually sure if it is steel, I was not there when they made it and I've only seen it for like 15 minutes.