ID:292666

G'day, all.

It seems quite a few of you are having issues with connecting to BYOND Central. I can't be for sure if this was a time related error or if you all are still having this issue. Never the less, so many cries for help can't be ignored.

Let's start with some information from you all (reply to this thread).

What we need:
  • BYOND Build Number (Help -> About)
  • Operating System (Including service packs. IE: Windows XP SP2)
  • Internet Connection Type (Dialup, DSL, Cable, etc)
  • Connected through a router?
  • Any firewalls (Windows has an inbuilt firewall, remember)
  • When the problem started to occur and if it still does
  • Internet Browser (Firefox, Internet Explorer, Netscape, etc)

Hopefully that should provide us enough information to help most or all of you out.

[Edit]

Judging by the volley of support requests this forum received, I say it was a time issue. However, there might still be some users with this issue, so why not start here.
this has happend to me 2 days in a row now, today i was playing a new bleach game which i was really enjoying then it it said connection failed.... when i clicked on my byond thing where the pager is it said i was still online but it said "cannot connect to byond central" then i log out and logged back in and now my stats stay offline and i cant join into anygames unless
i click on bookmarks and click on the last 10 or 5 games ive just been on...

this really need to be fixed its a really annoying bug
V412
Windows XP
Broadband
Yes, but that didn't prevent me from connecting before the problems started for a lot of us.
Inbuilt firewall, but it is configured to let BYOND connect to the internet
21.2.08, and it's still occuring, though it did stop temporarily after the database maintenance
Internet explorer, but I did try with firefox.
In response to Jjb16
I find that annoying, I was waiting for TES to coem back online too...

You need to fill in the information in the first post, like I did
This is happening frequently with me as well. I heard it is just the server is temporarily down, but it happens way too much to act as if it is not a problem. Byond needs to fix this =\
In response to TARDIS
V412
WindowsXP sp2
router

no firewall active
itsanyoning for 8 hours it worked finde now it shut down again, some people seem to have the problem and some not that cannot be....
This is happening frequently with me as well. I heard it is just the server is temporarily down, but it happens way too much to act as if it is not a problem. Byond needs to fix this =\
In response to TARDIS
TARDIS wrote:
V412
Windows XP
Broadband
Yes, but that didn't prevent me from connecting before the problems started for a lot of us.
Inbuilt firewall, but it is configured to let BYOND connect to the internet
21.2.08, and it's still occuring, though it did stop temporarily after the database maintenance
Internet explorer, but I did try with firefox.

^Same here.
In response to XNejiHyuuga
Well guess what now not even bookmarks work anymore ok this is really annoying my sunday is messed up...
It is really annoying and I can't play any games.

Version 412.977
Windows XP
Cable
Not connected through a router
Buit in firewalls due to having Windows
It started Saturday February 23 and still is messed up
Internet Explorer
Version 412.977
Windows XP
Cable
Router
Buit in firewalls due to having Windows
It started Saturday February 23, fixed for an some odd amount of hours then back at it when I wake up.
Internet Explorer

ETA till up time?
Righto ladies and gentlemen. This appears to be a server-side issue, as in, nothing we can do about it.

It seems to come and go, GMT+10 I never noticed any errors in connecting to the HUB, but now it appears my pager is in the same state as yours. I don't have any workarounds for you alas.

I'll pass on the message to the higher ups and see if they can resolve it. Once I get confirmation that the issue should be resolved, I'll take care of anyone else who is encountering this issue as a bug with the software and not a global thing.

I thankyou in advance for your patience.
ehhh number 1 i dont get
no. 2 is xp
no. 3 is wireless dsl cept its by at&t lol w.e
no. 4 dunno but im pretty sure
no. 5 if windows has an inbuilt firewall then yes
no. 5 dunno when it started but i just tried 5 mins ago and its still goin
no. 6 internet explorer

theres whatcha need? ehhh i hope ya'll can get it fixed i cant play mah game >.>
BYOND Build Number: 412.977
Operating System: Windows XP SP2 Pro Version 2002
Internet Connection Type: Cable
Connected through a router: No
Any firewalls: Just Built in one, tried disabling didn't help
When the problem started to occur: Don't remember... but it's still happening all the time
Internet Browser: Internet Explorer 7.0.5730.13

Please Fix It. People aren't able to play
I'll throw my information in if it'll help any.

I haven't been on BYOND for a few days, so I haven't noticed the problem until a few hours ago.

I have two computers right now with BYOND on them, both are having problems, and both are behind a router, but the router has never given me any trouble in the past. I've never had to explicitly forward ports before except when hosting a game, but I've tried forwarding ports for the pager since I started noticing the problem and that hasn't helped.

Vista Box:
  • Byond: 412.976 -> 412.977
  • Internet: DSL
  • Router: Linksys wireless router. This machine is connected with an Ethernet cable though.
  • Firewalls: Windows firewall disabled, PC-cillin Internet Security is running but exclusion rules have been added for byond.exe and dreamseeker.exe
  • Problem Started: Only started noticing today, still happening as of this post.
  • Browser: Firefox 2.0.0.12

This box is generally only about a month or two old but hasn't had any trouble with Byond before I tried starting up to day.

The symptoms are that the pager will come up but at the bottom it will have '[Offline]' beside my key name. Byond refuses to join or download any online games, sometime outputting the message "Byond Central is not accessible."

It will let me run the few games I have on the hard drive, though I currently only have some of my own projects to test that with.

I upgraded from .976 to .977, but the symptoms remain the same.

XP Laptop
  • Byond: 400.961
  • Internet: DSL
  • Router: Same as above, except the laptop connects wirelessly.
  • Firewalls: Windows Firewall disabled. This one has Norton for a firewall, but again exclusions have been added.
  • Problem Started: Same as above.
  • Browser: Firefox 2.0.0.12

The laptop has been running Byond much longer than the Vista Box and has never given me trouble before today. Symptoms are identical to the Vista Box.
Ok I just wanted to tell you that there is a problem with the system once again. I was on it last night after it was fixed and it was fine..now its coming up we cant connect...soooo i'll give you my info to see if it helps....Oh and this if and out of the blue question..but is becoming a member aka getting a payed membership worth it? Just thought I should ask because i've been thinking about it for some time now and idk if its worth it or now. Ok well heres my info.

BYOND Build Number (Help -> About= Byond Central is not accessible

Operating System (Including service packs. IE: Windows XP SP2)= I"m pretty sure i have windows Xp

Internet Connection Type (Dialup, DSL, Cable, etc)
Connected through a router?= I'm connected through a wireles on my computer, my dads which i also use when mine gets me mad from kicking me off so much, is through Cable I think..cause we can use the phone and get on the computer at the same time. So is that Cable...idk sorry..

Any firewalls (Windows has an inbuilt firewall, remember)= Yes I have a firewall.

When the problem started to occur and if it still does
Internet Browser (Firefox, Internet Explorer, Netscape, etc)= Well it all started yesterday morning I would say...and it went all the way till about 3pmish because thats when i got back on....it was fine up until I got off around...7pmish maybe 8pm idk ....but after that idk how it was doing..Then I got on today AT 9amish and now it is telling me that Byond Central is not accessible...Now i know its not my computer cause I can still go into the Internet, and Byond will still let me look around on its site, just not go into and or play games...

I hope this helps you, sorry if I was no help at all...Oh and you are doing a great job wth the byond site..Oh one more out of the blue question...I know that this isnt the right place to post this. But i looked for the right place and couldnt find it...so plz dont yell at me i'm new at this posting thing...But how do you do coding? like for games...and stuff..Ok i hope i helped sorry for the out of the blue questions..hope to hear back from you soon.

Love Honeydevil
In response to Frostyx
It'll most likely fix itself. Don't expect it to be like this all day ^-^.
Well when i try join naruto goa this appears (but take a bit time), but i can join bleach:las noches but i think isnt naruto goa problems because when i try join guys are playing
my conection are fine and i already try reboot the PC,reinstal byond, reboot network and nothing WORKS! ( i cant join by webssite only by bookmarks)

Connecting to byond://64.22.74.24:1928...connected
BYOND Hub: connection failed.
Your network connection is not working or the hub server is down.
You cannot login at this time. (See BYOND Networking for more information.)
Connection closed.
Connection failed.
In response to DiogoPires
lol the same thing is happening to me right now just w8 a few hours i just do something else and then when i try it again it works
In response to NarutoRocks3000
Ha ha lol just a few more hours and will be 1 day ^_^.....
Page: 1 2 3 4