ID:292737

I JUST WANT TO DELETE MY ACCOUNT THIS SITE ISN'T WORKING FOR ME. :[
I'm sorry, Blood_Countess, but you can't delete your account. You are welcome to leave and forget your account, or go through and blank out all information you have put in, but actually deleting it is impossible. The simple reason is that the system is not built for account deletion. If you deleted your account, what would happen to the post you just made?

There are also other reasons, like security. Let's say Bob had his password tricked out of him. He doesn't know his password is has been acquired, so while he goes on with his normal BYOND day, his account suddenly stops working, only to find that his account was deleted. Or take James. He decided that he was done with BYOND and deleted his account. In his haste to get away from BYOND, he forgot that he was an admin in PopularGameX. Some someone else named James came along and created an account, and started playing PopularGameX, only to find that he was an admin and people acted like they knew and respected him.

All together it is just not possible to delete an account. You are welcome to leave any time you like, however.
In response to Danial.Beta
And what happens if a child's parents find that he is using the game repeatedly without permission? Further, the child is loading set software/game onto other's computers. How then does said child's parents ensure that this account is permanently closed? Respond to [email protected], please.
In response to Cyeofblades
It would seem to be within the parent's responsibility to restrict their child's access to content they do not deem fit.
It is beyond the BYOND's ability to control what children do. It is the parents responsibility to prevent their children from doing things they do not want. The simplest way to block BYOND from your child's computer would be to use a service like OpenDNS.com that gives you control over what sites your child can or can't visit.

If you do not trust your children to use the internet responsibly I would recommend setting a password for the computer and not allowing them to use it when you are not around because BYOND is the least of the bad types of things children can find on the internet.
Cyeofblades wrote:
And what happens if a child's parents find ....

What if someone who doesn't like you somehow manages to guess your password? They could delete your key, and remake it under their own(to remove the original email) resulting in you completely losing your key.