ID:293179

BYOND Build Number:420.986
Operating System:Vista
Video/Graphics Card:Im not sure but it doesn't matter anyways
Game Hub/Link:
Internet Connection Type:Comcast?
Firewalls/Routers:Its not the firewall and I have a wireless router.

Problem Description:

My BYOND simply won't connect to the internet.

Steps to Reproduce Problem:

If I knew I'd fix it
I don't think you can rule out the firewal, esepecially since there may be more than one firewall at work. You not only have to check the Windows system firewall, but also any other firewall software in use. I've seen cases where a firewall was supposed to be allowing a program access and still wasn't for reasons that defied explanation.

The bottom line is though that if byond.exe, dreamseeker.exe, and dreamdaemon.exe aren't able to make connections, some other component of your system is preventing that. Either the whole connection would have to be down, or a firewall would have to be blocking them.

Lummox JR
In response to Lummox JR
Lummox JR wrote:
I don't think you can rule out the firewal, esepecially since there may be more than one firewall at work. You not only have to check the Windows system firewall, but also any other firewall software in use. I've seen cases where a firewall was supposed to be allowing a program access and still wasn't for reasons that defied explanation.

The bottom line is though that if byond.exe, dreamseeker.exe, and dreamdaemon.exe aren't able to make connections, some other component of your system is preventing that. Either the whole connection would have to be down, or a firewall would have to be blocking them.

Lummox JR

I completely turned my firewall off and it still doesn't work and I don't believe I have another firewall.(This is a recent thing it used to work fine)
In response to Toy_Dragon
The fact that this started recently also points to a firewall. A lot of programs like Norton Internet Security, ZoneAlarm, etc. do version checking on Internet-enabled programs to prevent viruses from modifying them and piggybacking off of their ability to use the Internet. To find out for sure you should make a list of every program you have running that handles security issues, and also take a good look at your network configuration settings.

Lummox JR