ID:293219

BYOND Build Number:429.999
Operating System: Windows XP.
Video/Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce FX 5500.
Game Hub/Link: N/A.
Internet Connection Type: Broadband.
Firewalls/Routers: McAfee

Problem Description:

The problem is that everytime I log into byond it does the same thing. It says it's loading dreamseeker but it never loads. Also if I try to manually Load dreamseeker then once again nothing happens. I thought maybe the update might have broken it for me. Because if I try to download it, again it skips 2 dlls. and sometimes this pops up:
-------------------------------------------
Error opening file for writing: |
|
C:/Progam files/Byond/bin/ByondStub.dll |
|
[Abort] [Retry] [ Ignore] |
-------------------------------------------

Nothing works. I've un-installed it, re-installed it, my firewalls allow it full access to all byond. I've tried previous versions of byond but the same happens and the 2 dlls missing are: msvcrt.dll & msvcp60.dll because it always skips them.

Thats everything, If you can help anyway please do.
If you can, please contact me at my e-mail ([email protected]) Thank you.
interesting, seems im having the same problem, but whats interesting is that I started having the same problem TODAY same day you posted this (most likly a byond server glitch?) but not to worry, it isnt just you man.

9/24/08 is today, both me and him cant get DreamSeeker to work...

(It worked for me for about 5mins then when i tried to relog into a game, it stopped working and does what he says)
In response to Bopit3
Greetings Bopit3.

I cannot reproduce the problem to me it seems that the .dll is still open it someway have you tired rebooting?

"msvcrt.dll & msvcp60.dll" - a quick google search and you can find these two files just plonk them in the C:\windows\system32 folder and it "should" fix the missing dll problem

Thank You.
A.T.H.K
In response to A.T.H.K
Ok, SEVERAL hours and no luck, I replaced the System32 DLLs that where said and it didnt do anything, (nothing...) so I just dont get it, my brother can play it RIGHT now (he is...) and he is on the same router so it is a CPU problem, I reinstalled SEVERAL times, no luck, I'm running out of Ideas T_T....
In response to Bopit3
C:/Progam files/Byond/bin/ByondStub.dll

Try deleting that then reinstall with the newest version again.
In response to A.T.H.K
OMG, thank you! I uninstalled it just like i have before, but I did a Search for "byond" and deleted EVERYTHING, then I downloaded and installed and it worked!
Thanx so much~