ID:293221

BYOND Build Number: newest
Operating System: windows xp media center
Video/Graphics Card: a nvida card
Game Hub/Link: digimon sagas, megaman battle over the network
Internet Connection Type: Verizon FiOS (Fiber optic)
Firewalls/Routers: Disabled/FiOS Actiontec router

Problem Description:
when I try to launch a game it gets stuck before launching

Steps to Reproduce Problem:
1. I had dream seeker open already
2. Use a byond link or pager bookmark to a game.
3. gets stuck at connecting to world or launching dream seekr
Greetings Mattwo.

You haven't provided enough information/ignored the forum template and as a result of this, we are unable to help you. In order to be of any real assistance, we need to know as much detailed information about your computer as possible.
Please consult All about the BYOND Help Forum if you are unsure on how to fill out any of the template fields.

Once you are sure you have enough information, please reply to this post with all the information you can. From there, we'll see if we'll be able to help you solve your problem.

Thanks Much.
Lummox JR
Thats my problem too, i ihave the last version of Byond, last night i played some games and when i relog it was only saying LAUNCHING DREAM SEEKER... please i need help
In response to Sasukemangekyou94
Dear Sasukemangekyou94,
if you read Lummox JR's reply, you might realise that without further detailed information, there are problems in attempting to help you. Noone can read your mind, so people would have to guess. But there is a vast multitude of possible reasons, so guessing is a very bad game at this point.
In response to Schnitzelnagler
i have the last version of Byond, last night i played some games and when i relog it was only saying LAUNCHING DREAM SEEKER, i have disable the firewalls,I desinstalld the program and intalld it again because the problem persists but didnt take effect. I need help i dont know what can i do

Sasukemangekyou94 wrote:
i have the last version of Byond

It is always better to provide a version and build number, because latest/newest can lead to misunderstandings.

Sasukemangekyou94 wrote:
last night i played some games

Which games?

Sasukemangekyou94 wrote:
and when i relog it was only saying LAUNCHING DREAM SEEKER

Where did it say that? Did you see a splash screen?
Did the pager log you in correct?
Did you open "options and messages" to check if there was a download in process?

Sasukemangekyou94 wrote:
I need help i dont know what can i do

Your information has been very vague, yet, to find the source of an error, knowing details is crucial.
The template is not meant to annoy you, but to leave the people who are trying to help you with enough data to narrow down possible problems.

BYOND Build Number:
Operating System:
Video/Graphics Card:
Game Hub/Link:
Internet Connection Type:
Firewalls/Routers:

Problem Description:

Steps to Reproduce Problem:
I was playing Resident Evil Online 2, Naruto Al Maximo. I tried to relog Naruto al Maximo, and i cant because Byond was LAUNCHING DREAM SEEKER.

BYOND Build Number: -----
Operating System: Windows Vista
Video/Graphics Card: -----
Game Hub/Link: byond://190.51.31.137:2682
Internet Connection Type: Inalambric
Firewalls/Routers:

Problem Description: Only a blue windown saying Launching Dream Seeker. I wait 1 hour and it was Launching...

Steps to Reproduce Problem: Trying to join a game
When you start BYOND and log in, does it display "Logged in as Sasukemangekyou94" in the bottom left of the pager?
Could you select "Help" -> "About BYOND" and provide the version number displayed there?

I just logged in the game you had trouble connection and could reach it just fine.
Can you connect to other games (try byond://209.20.74.160:6001 )?
Yes,it says LOGGED SASUKEMANGEKYOU94 (Public)...
The number is
4.0 Public
Version 431.1006

No i cant join ... this happends to all games that i want to join
I think this Step by Step guide might help you solve the problem.

Please try and let us know about failure or (hopefully) success.
Note that you have to follow each of the steps supplied for your operating system for this to work.
I love you man, XD lol, The problem is solve THANKS YOU
Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks
You're welcome!
I hope you keep enjoying BYOND (without problems) ;)
i cant play any games.......

when i try to log in the blue pop up like screen says"launching dream seeker" and gets stuck there

What do i do??
In response to Rrrr587
Most of the time this problem is resolved by clearing your cache. Give it a try, and tell me if it works. If it doesn't then I advise you make a new post and fill in the template so we can try something else.
In response to Mikau
ummmm i tried looking for the catche folder cause i have windows cits and i couldnt find it then tried looking in the other one even though i dont have its so im wonding how i fix it i downloaded its and uninstalled it but it didn work i am a byond member so im trying to help yall can yall just help me once or twice

i have windows vista
norton protection
good internet connection

In response to Blue seeker
I am sorry, but your posting is a bit confusing.
I'm not sure that I can understand what you mean to say.
It would be of great help if you could use punctuation to structure your sentences and at try to avoid typos.

Now, as for your problem at hand, since you did not fill out the template (like Mikau mentioned), what is "windows cits"?
Every operating system is different and works different, so we are trying to help you the best we can, but we can not tell you how you should do something when we do not know what kind of software (incl. operating system) your computer uses.
In response to Blue seeker
Blue seeker wrote:
ummmm i tried looking for the catche folder cause i have windows cits and i couldnt find it then tried looking in the other one even though i dont have its so im wonding how i fix it i downloaded its and uninstalled it but it didn work i am a byond member so im trying to help yall can yall just help me once or twice

i have windows vista
norton protection
good internet connection

try going to build your own net dream then to file, preferences, games, and click clear cache
In response to Jimmyjasy
Jimmyjasy wrote:
try going to build your own net dream then to file, preferences, games, and click clear cache

This post was so much more useful. Thanks! Solved my problem too! :)
In response to Lummox JR
CAN YOU JUST TELL ME WAT I NEED TO DO TO FIX THIS DAMN GAME
In response to Mzengi999
Greetings Mzengi999,

first of all, there is no need for "shouting" (writing in capital letters only).
This is commonly seen as violating the netiquette.
If you stay calm and polite, people are much more likely to help you, not to mention that helping you becomes a lot easier.

You haven't provided enough information/ignored the forum template and as a result of this, we are unable to help you. In order to be of any real assistance, we need to know as much detailed information about your computer as possible.
Please consult All about the BYOND Help Forum if you are unsure on how to fill out any of the template fields.

Once you are sure you have enough information, please create a new topic with all the information you can. From there, we'll see if we'll be able to help you solve your problem.

Yours sincerely,
Schnitzelnagler.
Page: 1 2