ID:293226

i tried to upload my game but im not sure which file im supposed to use or what the Hub is when i tried to play the game it said unzip failed
I think it needs your excutable.
G'day Mikea.c.

The easiest way to get your game files on the hub is to become a BYOND Member. BYOND will give you file space to host your game files.

If you're so inclined as to not want to spend the money, there are other resources out there which you can use to host your game files. Geocities is a free webhost that should suffice.

You can not use Rapidshare, MegaUpload or any website that requires user verification or has redirects to host uploaded files. BYOND isn't able to follow the links to the zip file internally, it has to be a direct link to the zip file itself.

To share the host files with others, once you have compiled your game, go to the Build menu up the top and select "Package Files..." If you want to release your game for others to host at their own free will, you want the first option "World Executable Files". Follow the prompts displayed and BYOND will generate a ZIP file. It's this file you upload to a hosting site.

If you're releasing a demo/library, select the "World Source Files..." option. It'll generate a zip file containing all your code for you to upload.

Thanks Much.
Tiberath
In response to XzeleousEntertainment
I have just now uploaded my game to a hub, but the Download button only opens another window of the hub. Why is this?
In response to Kaiochao
Kaiochao wrote:
I have just now uploaded my game to a hub, but the Download button only opens another window of the hub. Why is this?

I tested your download (BYOND Guitar -- don't forget to include links when you ask a question like this so we can test) and had no problems at all. The download worked exactly as expected.

Lummox JR
In response to Lummox JR
Something must be wrong with my browser, then.

Edit: Works with Firefox, I suppose Chrome doesn't work anymore. It used to.
In response to Kaiochao
Kaiochao wrote:
Something must be wrong with my browser, then.

Edit: Works with Firefox, I suppose Chrome doesn't work anymore. It used to.

Google Chrome is in early beta test stages and is far from a stable browser. I recommend sticking with Firefox until Google Chrome is a bit older and more stable.

At present, in it's current stage, it's more a security risk than anything. But that's another discussion.