ID:293228

BYOND Build Number:any 4.0 and older versions
Operating System: Vista
Video/Graphics Card:do not know
Game Hub/Link:All games
Internet Connection Type:broadband
Firewalls/Routers:All allow full acces for Byond (dream seeker)

Problem Description: PROBLEM: can't log into games with 2 sertain/simular keys

When did this problem start to happen? : Soon after update I THINK (to 429.999)and older versions explained below

Did I make any changes to my system directly before this happened? : NO

All this i am still recently having problems with. OK, i have 2 keys, Yahee, and Yahee josh with diffrent passwords. I can log in to both on the main Byond program just fine, but when i try to connect to a game, the luanching dream seeker pop-up will show up and do nothing like its froze.

On the older versions the pop-up will say incurrect password, wich doesnt make sence becuase im logged in the the main byond program just fine. The pop up menu says this exactly and instantly :Welcome BYOND! (4.0 Version 420.986)
Logging in...connected
Logged in as Yahee.
Incorrect password.

Also on version 3.5 i would have to mess with the .key command because trying to log into a game (non-4.0 of course) with Yahee josh would log me in as Yahee instead. I had the same passwords for both keys at that time if that helps any.

Steps to Reproduce Problem:My best guess to reproduce the problem would to make 2 keys with simular names like Bob and Bob 1 with or without the same password (try both pls)
I recently discovered a fairly ancient bug in our code a while back that sounds very similar to this. With that bug, I was logged into the pager on an alternate key with a similar name, and when I tried to login to a game it always logged me in with my main key, not the one I was actually using on the pager.

Unfortunately I'm not near a solution on that bug, but I do have a workaround. I believe this is happening because of the order in which your keys are listed in the key.txt file, and if that order is changed the problem should go away.

Try (temporarily) deleting the Yahee josh key from your pager and see if that fixes the issue. It may stay fixed even after the next time you login as Yahee josh. If it re-breaks however, try deleting the Yahee key from your pager. Whenever you login on a key you've removed from the pager, it will be re-added to the end of the key.txt file, and one of those should do the trick of restoring the correct order

Lummox JR