ID:293325

I'm signing in and out, turning byond on and off...But I still sign in as A GUEST...It won't let me actually sign in with my key..
Have you tried reinstalling, reinstalling is the main answer to a lot of crashes/errors.

Tell me what happens?

Haywire
G'day Le Vaughn.

Reinstalling BYOND isn't the be all and end all of the problems. Do so if you feel necessary, but before you do so, I'd like you to try this.

Open up the BYOND page, and logout. So you're sitting in the pager login screen. Then, I want you to go to the File Menu up the top left hand corner.

Then I want you to select the "Preferences" option there. Once that window pops up, I want you to select the "Games" tab.

Once there, you'll see a check box that says "Login as Guest if the pager is not running". If that checkbox is checked, uncheck it. Then login to your pager and join the game you want to play.

Chances are, what you're seeing is actually intended behaviour. The pager is designed to login to a game as guest if the pager isn't already logged in on your computer. The above will disable that behaviour and prompt you to login if the pager isn't running.

Thanks Much.
Tiberath
In response to Tiberath
that doesnt work... i dont like being a guest im running xp sp2 via parellels 4 on my macbook pro
In response to Ryblood
Ryblood wrote:
that doesnt work... i dont like being a guest im running xp sp2 via parellels 4 on my macbook pro

If I remember correctly, if you can't stop logging in as Guest, delete your key.txt and attempt to log in again.
In response to Tiberath
Omg thanks you helped me at least