ID:293332

Hi!

Well i try to host a game but i cant :S it comes that it cant get reached by players.. :S and yes i portforwarded a thousend times and still dont work .. and i have a router yes xD

So annyone know why i cant host even after i portforwarded ??

Please help ! =)
Greetings Komman123.

You haven't provided enough information/ignored the forum template and as a result of this, we are unable to help you. In order to be of any real assistance, we need to know as much detailed information about your computer as possible.
Please consult All about the BYOND Help Forum if you are unsure on how to fill out any of the template fields.

Once you are sure you have enough information, please reply to this post with all the information you can. From there, we'll see if we'll be able to help you solve your problem.

Thanks Much.
Danial.Beta
In response to Danial.Beta
http://compreviews.about.com/cs/laptops/gr/ aaprThinkPadR40.htm

thats the computer i are using.

Normaly i use a other computer but its not working so i use this laptop.
In response to Komman123
G'day Komman123.

The current volley of information you've provided us is a grand total of this:

BYOND Build Number:
Operating System:
Video/Graphics Card: 15" XGA LCD and ATI Radeon Mobility M7 Graphics with 32MB
Game Hub/Link:
Internet Connection Type: "One that requires a router"
Firewalls/Routers:

Problem Description:
Players are unable to reach the world I'm hosting. I have attempted port forwarding, and this doesn't seem to solve the issue.

Steps to Reproduce Problem:

We don't know your BYOND Build Number, because you haven't told us. The website you linked us too, doesn't tell us which Operating System that laptop comes with. Seeing as it's IBM, and based on the PC specs of the computer itself, I can only assume it's Windows XP. But I have no proof to sustain this theory.

You haven't told us what Game (Hub/Link) you're trying to host. And so far, the only thing I can tell about your Internet Connection Type is that you use a router. So that means it could be Satellite, Cable or DSL.

The only thing I can gather from your entire help request, is that you can't host, and what your graphics card is. If you have tried port forwarding, the only thing I can point you to with the information you've given me is a Firewall. But even then, there's no proof you are using a firewall. So it's a blind guess at best.

Please consult our List of Firewall Tutorials and see if any of those will help you.

Thanks Much.
Tiberath.