ID:293337

i was using the mik_panels guide and in the guide you need to make use of the interface system and it doesnt give me any information on it so and im in need of help on how to use it
Greetings Mikea.c..

Yes, It doesn't give that much information because Mikau assumes that the user knows that much, but to resolve your problem you may contact Mikau via pager...? I can tell Mikau to look at this post if you want?

Thanks Much.
Haywire
Greetings Mikea.c..

Well, tell me what you need help with and I may be able to assist you, I have attempted to contact Mikau he is currently away.

Thanks Much.
Haywire
In response to Haywire
well i dont really know how to use the interface at all thats the problem and thank you for the help
In response to Mikea.c.
Greetings Mikea.c..

Well no-problem, but my job is not yet done :)
I assume that you don't understand how to use the interface controls then if that's truth, you may click here. Lummox Jr has a great article and I along with other developers have learnt mainly from this.

Thanks Much.
Haywire
In response to Haywire
ok i will definitely check that out...see the tutorial was about putting health bars off the screen using the interface and i tried to copy what he did in the interface but since there was no guide and i havnt ever used it i couldnt
In response to Mikea.c.
I wrote the demo under the assumption that anyone who would try to use it, would have basic knowledge of the interface editor. If you read over the demo and the comments to understand the code, rather than copy/paste it and hope it works, you'll figure it out pretty quickly.

Also, you should have used my own forum for this, not the BYOND forum. This forum is for the BYOND Help page itself.
In response to Mikau
well i did read over anything and i wasnt really understating it but im reading that article and im learning alot
G'day Mikea.c..

From the sounds of it you are having a design problem. BYOND Help is setup to help people with bugs or problems running the software, but does not cover design problems. I recommend the Developer's Forums for help with design issues.

Everyone Else:

We don't deal with Developer Problems in BYOND Help. We're here to help people with application and website issues they are unable to resolve themselves. If in the future you run across development questions. Please point them to the Developer Forums.

Thanks Much.
Tiberath