In response to Schnitzelnagler
well i tried each updating and command prompt but it failed
In response to Bighead 225
So, ping showed that you could reach the server, or not?
well it stopped at 3 so i juss gave up
In response to Bighead 225
Like I said before, you need to give detailed information.
"It stopped at 3" could mean anything.
When I duel in Duel Monsters Online, I cannot see the duel information bar. It is really pissin me off, i need the right solution bad.
In response to Blakjak212
Greetings Blakjak212,
I fear in such a case it's the better solution to contact the owner of the game. It might be an outdated version of BYOND that you're using, or it might be that the code of the game has a little flaw preventing you from playing.
So, your best bet is with the owner, who should know her own code.
but i cant join any game at all! all the game does is open for about a second and close again! i seriously need help!

thank you
In response to Seraphimon12345
Greetings Seraphimon12345.

Like you can see when comparing your posting with Bighead 225's post, you two seem to have different problems, as unlike him, you can not connect to any game.

Seraphimon12345 wrote:
but i cant join any game at all! all the game does is open for about a second and close again! i seriously need help!

Bighead 225 wrote:
yea i can play other games and i cant play the game on one specific computer

Thus, the same that was said above applies for you:

You haven't provided enough information/ignored the forum template and as a result of this, we are unable to help you. In order to be of any real assistance, we need to know as much detailed information about your computer as possible.

Please consult All about the BYOND Help Forum if you are unsure on how to fill out any of the template fields.

Once you are sure you have enough information, please reply to this post with all the information you can. From there, we'll see if we'll be able to help you solve your problem.

Please make sure to include a detailed problem description, covering possible error messages and steps where something fails.
Schnitzelnagler wrote:
Greetings Seraphimon12345.

Like you can see when comparing your posting with Bighead 225's post, you two seem to have different problems, as unlike him, you can not connect to any game.

Seraphimon12345 wrote:

Bighead 225 wrote:
yea i can play other games and i cant play the game on one specific computer

Thus, the same that was said above applies for you:

You haven't provided enough information/ignored the forum template and as a result of this, we are unable to help you. In order to be of any real assistance, we need to know as much detailed information about your computer as possible.

Please consult All about the BYOND Help Forum if you are unsure on how to fill out any of the template fields.

Once you are sure you have enough information, please reply to this post with all the information you can. From there, we'll see if we'll be able to help you solve your problem.

Please make sure to include a detailed problem description, covering possible error messages and steps where something fails.
BYOND Build Number: 432.1007

Operating System: Windows XP Service Pack 2

Video/Graphics Card: - Name: Intel(R) 82810 Graphics Controller (Microsoft
- Manufacturer: Intel Corporation
- Chip Type: Intel(R) 82810
- DAC Type: Internal
- Approx. Total Memory: 32.0 MB
- Current Display Mode: 800 x 600 (16 bit) (75Hz)
- Monitor: Plug and Play Monitor

Game Hub/Link: All the games don't work for me.

Internet Connection Type: Cable Broadband

Firewalls/Routers: - Firewall: Windows (Default)
- Routers: N/A

Problem Description: I click on a game, the blue byond screen says "initializing interface", then the game opens for a brief second and closes again. This applies to every game i try, (apart from the offline games). They used to work. It started about a month ago, a bit after i updated my Byond. I've only downloaded MMORPGs, Emulator games and uninstalled a few things off my computer. None of which had anything to do with the Byond.

Steps to Reproduce Problem: So i click on a game, i.e Megaman Wars Server 1, and then wait for the blue screen to pop up saying "initializing interface", then the blue screen goes and the game window comes on for a second then disappears. I hear no music.
G'day Seraphimon12345.

Intriguing.

Let's see what we can do here. Firstly I want you to try and join byond://tiberath.com:6031
This will tell me if you really do suffer from any real issue, because I know that server is up and running at all times.

If connection to that server fails in the same manor (IE: You get to Initialising Interface), than it's possibly a cache error that occurred during the BYOND update. This can happen from time to time. To clear your cache, open your pager (byond.exe), click on File and select Preferences. When the Preferences window opens, click on the Games tab, there you'll find a "Clear Cache" button. Click on that to clear your cache.

Once you've done that, attempt to rejoin the above server. If all goes according to plan, try your preferred game server. Once you've done so, please return here with the results (even if the problem is solved).

Thanks Much.
Tiberath
In response to Tiberath
o.k so i clicked on it and it waorked perfectly... so does this mean i can go back to playing megaman wars?

thanks seraphimon12345
In response to Tiberath
DUDE! The game was on for like 5 seconds, with music, then went off! WHYY?? I cleared the cache!! T-T
Seraphimon12345 wrote:
DUDE! The game was on for like 5 seconds, with music, then went off! WHYY?? I cleared the cache!! T-T

Every step closer is a positive one.

Navigate your way to the My Documents/BYOND folder. There you will see a folder called "cache". Delete this folder, then go about your games and see what happens.
In response to Tiberath
Tiberath wrote:
Seraphimon12345 wrote:

Every step closer is a positive one.

Navigate your way to the My Documents/BYOND folder. There you will see a folder called "cache". Delete this folder, then go about your games and see what happens.

same thing happened but it stayed on for like 20 seconds this time

*also i forgot to mention that after the first instruction i tried a different game but the game screen had a translucent orangy colour wiggle thing that covered the game screen
umm.... dude can you give me more instructions because i am dying for byond to work again! please dude please!
In response to Tiberath
dude! please help me you havent told me anytihing to do my byond hasnt worked for like a moth or 2 i need 2 play byond plzplzplz
Instead of deleting the "cache" folder, try to rename the "cfg" folder to "cfg_old". This clears your configuration files.

If the problem still occurs after renaming the "cfg" folder, rename it back to "cfg" and come back here.

Also, three questions.
You said this started after an update.
From which version to which other version did you upgrade?
How did you upgrade (using the automatic upgrade or complete uninstall and new installation)?
You're still using 432.1007, or did you upgrade to 435.1011 now?
thank you sooooooooooooo much it works ! but im not really sure about your questions though i will try to have a think and post later if it would help other memberswith this problem ;)
I'm glad that I could help and hope that you're going to enjoy BYOND and it's games.
Page: 1 2