ID:293389

BYOND Build Number: 4.0
Operating System: windows xp
Video/Graphics Card: pretty old, but i am pretty sure that is not the problem.
Game Hub/Link: Space castle in the strategy section.
Internet Connection Type:=
Firewalls/Routers: Belkin router, fire wall is likely to be same company.

Problem Description: I cannot join games (has been going on for months). It always says says something similar to "cannot write "

Steps to Reproduce Problem:
Did you try updating your BYOND version to 432.1007?
If that doesn't fix the problem, it might be useful to know the exact wording of the error you receive.
The Gear wrote:
BYOND Build Number: 4.0

That's not the build number. You'll find the build number in the Help | About... menu.

Problem Description: I cannot join games (has been going on for months). It always says says something similar to "cannot write <some long code with numbers and letters>"

That sounds very much like a program crash, but your description is severely lacking in details so I can't tell what's really happening. "It says" doesn't tell us which program is producing the message and where, and in what format (like a popup alert box, a message in an output window, etc.). Also although the error message does contain long code with numbers and letters, it would be highly useful to have the exact message. Take your time copying it down if you need to.

The thing is, I can't help without details to go on. You've oversimplified your report by removing the very details I would need to solve the problem. Please provide all the details you possibly can.

Lummox JR